BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2015 12:09 pm  #3761

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

Well, lovers is what I was hinting at, if it wasn't obvious enough!  They could do that (although I suspect they won't).  I don't think they have to stop being any of the things they've been, though - they can have new challenges, they can develop in the same direction, etc. Lovers isn't the only kind of relatinship, after all.  If they were brothers, for instance, you wouldn't think that the only way the relationship could develop would be for them to become lovers.  Or if they were lovers already, you wouldn't argue the the relationship couldn't develop because they were already there.   Personally, I think that while they have been friends from S1, the relationship HAS developed. 

I do think there's probably always gong to be a certain amount of reserve - at least I hope so.  It's part of the characters and the relationship.  I would like to see John move back in and I'd be happy to bet on that happening.    I think John's faith in Sherlock was really tested after TRF, and it might be interesting to see that work the other way round - John is so steadfast and lacking in subterfuge that it would be fascinating to see what could make Sherlock really doubt him.

If the post was just about a generally more positive attitude towards Johnlock, then I think that's great.  I think it means a lot to many fans.  I also suspect that fanfiction (which is very Johnlock dominant, from what I've seen), helps sustain the passion for the show in the long breaks.   (I just didn't see the actual comments as anything particularly new - just restating things that we've already heard).

April 27, 2015 12:33 pm  #3762

I have a horrible feeling that the next step for S4 might be a huge fall-out or something that tears them apart. Not like TEH, where it took John probably less than half an hour of an episode to get back to Sherlock. Something that made them tear apart, either emotionally or geographically, for a longer period of time. And then perhaps we follow them in parallell.

That would be in line with their hints of S4 being darker, but I hope we wont' see that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 27, 2015 1:14 pm  #3763

Vhanja wrote:

I have a horrible feeling that the next step for S4 might be a huge fall-out or something that tears them apart. Not like TEH, where it took John probably less than half an hour of an episode to get back to Sherlock. Something that made them tear apart, either emotionally or geographically, for a longer period of time. And then perhaps we follow them in parallell.

That would be in line with their hints of S4 being darker, but I hope we wont' see that.

I truly hope you are wrong about this.  I don't mind dark and I want high drama, but I think we've had enough at this point of things driving our boys apart.  I want darkness and drama that draws them closer together and cements their partnership even more.  I want to see them united against the world!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 27, 2015 1:30 pm  #3764

Yes, I too want to see them solving crimes together again. We had enough of them being split up in S3.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 27, 2015 1:33 pm  #3765

I also think there are ways to make the story darker without tearing them apart again, e.g. something in connection with Mary and/or the child or Mycroft, etc. etc. Because they usually do not repeat themselves and we had the separation after TRF and the goodbye on the tarmac.
Let the dark times come as long the boys are together. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 27, 2015 1:51 pm  #3766

I wonder if anyone, regardless if Johnlock believer or not, is happy with John not  living in 221b. I miss their interaction and their domesticity, i don't like seeing John as an outsider to his old home. 

April 27, 2015 1:57 pm  #3767

A lovely light wrote:

I wonder if anyone, regardless if Johnlock believer or not, is happy with John not  living in 221b. I miss their interaction and their domesticity, i don't like seeing John as an outsider to his old home. 

I agree with this!

I am probably wrong, and I hope I am. I just struggle to see what they could do that they haven't already done to make the show darker while revolving around Sherlock and John. (If, say, Mary and/or the baby dies, that would be dark but concerning mostly John, for instance).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 27, 2015 1:58 pm  #3768

Well, there is of course the Three Garridebs …which could be done in a far more bloody and dramatic way.  
And it would be a nice opportunity to confirm some emotions as well. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 27, 2015 1:59 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 27, 2015 2:12 pm  #3769

Maybe wishful thinking, but I think John is going to move back to 221B in S4.  They've been living apart for a whole series, and I think it's time.  I don't think they will physically separate and we'll watch them in parallel, because that's what happened between S2 and S3, and we only got the smallest glimpses of it.  It's always about them together.  Emotionally, though, there could be strain - perhaps involving Mary and the baby and their involvement in the fate of those two.  That could be very dark indeed, depending on what they do.

April 27, 2015 2:17 pm  #3770

Yes, I agree. Keeping them physically apart for another series would be a bit not good. As I said, there are lots of opportunities for darkness even while they are living together. 

April 28, 2015 7:49 pm  #3771

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but... wow, guys, have you seen this?

http://cant-deny-the-johnlock-ship.tumblr.com/post/117623776211/rebootingcheesecake-so-ive-been-rewatching-the

Team Hudders!

April 28, 2015 8:02 pm  #3772

Wow indeed. Kudos@MF...astonishing detail..ty link Vhanja...

His hand tremor would be expected here though  whatever the relationship without it necessarily being johnlocky?

Last edited by lil (April 28, 2015 8:03 pm)

April 28, 2015 8:03 pm  #3773

Yeah, that's why I put it here.

Team Hudders!

April 30, 2015 8:39 pm  #3774

Wow.
Nicely spotted...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 30, 2015 8:45 pm  #3775

Martin Freeman seems to be one of those actors that I always underestimate no matter how much respect I have for him. That bit was amazing!

Team Hudders!

April 30, 2015 8:55 pm  #3776

I think it's my bad eyesight but it looks kind of suggestive! 

It's a very nice touch though, virtually unseen. 

April 30, 2015 8:55 pm  #3777

A lovely light wrote:

Well, I for one, am NOT happy with John not living in 221B. I am looking for series 4 to arrive (as we all are, I gather) and for John to have moved back in. Possibly because of something dark (Mary's past that John has clearly not forgiven, "prepared words"...) that the both of them will face together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 2, 2015 8:35 pm  #3778

I really have to say, though. In HLV, John is dreaming of the horrible war (like in ASiP). But then the dream shifts to Sherlock. Which seems to mean that instead of the dreaming turning into one of his old nightmares, Sherlock saved him from them.

Now, John is newly-wed. Just been on his honeymoon. It's supposed to be one of the happiest times of his life. And just as Sherlock saved him from the horror of after-war life, Mary saved him from the horror of after-Sherlock life. Yet it is still not Mary he dreams of. While being newly-wed.

This just leads me back to my same old phrasing: Moftiss, I would gladly and without question believe you on your word when you say Johnlock won't happen - if you stopped doing stuff like this in the show!

Last edited by Vhanja (May 2, 2015 8:36 pm)

Team Hudders!

May 2, 2015 8:38 pm  #3779

Well, at Sherlocked con he did not say anything like that. 

May 2, 2015 9:03 pm  #3780

Well, they were never outright asked, were they? Gatiss made it very, very clear in his interview in India that it would, under any circumstance, happen in their version of the show. ;)

Team Hudders!

Board footera