BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2015 3:57 pm  #541

Re: The "Good News" thread

I just found more items for my outfit I'll be wearing to see Ben in Hamlet...

I already had the red dress, I got it for my Birthday last year... but I never really had the right jewlery for it. Today I found a huge red leather bow for my hair in the exact same shade, and matching earrings with little red bows... 

(I am obsessed with bows)... now I just have to figure out a necklace. 

Ugh... I guess this is weird... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 19, 2015 11:02 am  #542

If you check with the particular actor's agents they usually specify the address to which items should be sent but also whether they require IRCs etc. They also give you an idea on whether you can realistically expect something back to not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 19, 2015 11:32 am  #543

I won a price in a lottery I enter every month... it's not a big amount but it was still a nice email to wake up to. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 24, 2015 12:18 pm  #544

Maaahh, it's been a wonderful morning! gently and I got tickets for "Richard II" with David Tennant at the Barbican in January.
I know, it's not Benedict and not "Hamlet", but I'm sure we'll have a great time! And David is famous for doing the stage door... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 24, 2015 12:42 pm  #545

Never thought I would be into Shakespeare that much. Not to mention ... all that in English language. Which will be a real challenge for me. But ... to see Benedict and later David live on stage ... and the chance on stage door with Mr. Tennant ... Heavens ...

And that all with my good good friend Solar ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2015 12:51 pm  #546

It'll be crazy months... "Hamlet" at the Barbican, then "Hamlet" at the cinema, then the Sherlock Special, then David Tennant on stage... Heaven... I'm in heaven... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 24, 2015 1:14 pm  #547

That will be mentally exhausting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2015 1:18 pm  #548

Stop it, gently, you're used to that. Two words: Spandau and Ballet

April 24, 2015 1:24 pm  #549

Have fun! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 24, 2015 1:32 pm  #550

Thanks, dear! 

April 24, 2015 1:58 pm  #551

Oh girls, I'm salivating with envy... You'll have a great time with this play as well, I'm sure.
gently, don't underestimate your powers, you'll be doing fine.
*and my heart beats so that I can hardly speeeeeeeak, and I seem to find the happiness I seek....*

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 24, 2015 2:13 pm  #552

Been a fan of Shakespeare all my life.  It's even better now with such hot men playing my favoirte roles!

I got some good news.  Got an email from my best friend the other day that said "Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas."  She surprised me with Ed Sheeran tickets!!!  He's going to be in Atlanta on Septmber 12th!  So excited to see him.  He's such a gifted songwriter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 24, 2015 8:28 pm  #553

Congrats tonnaree! Ed Sheeran is indeed a wonderful musician. I saw him on a festival last year and it was great. A big stage and just him and his guitar but that was enough, very powerful personality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

April 25, 2015 10:43 am  #554

That is wonderful, tonnaree, have lots of fun!

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 25, 2015 10:47 am  #555

Lucky girl Tonnaree! I am desperately trying to get tickets to see Ed here. On David's playing Richard ll I saw his RSC performance 'live' at the cinema last year. It is a very good performance indeed. I'll be interested to see what you make of  his Richard!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 25, 2015 5:22 pm  #556

Congrats to all of you lucky girls! I hope you'll have an AWESOME time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2015 9:07 pm  #557

Enjoy your Ed Sheeran, tonnaree!

Davina wrote:

On David's playing Richard ll I saw his RSC performance 'live' at the cinema last year. It is a very good performance indeed. I'll be interested to see what you make of his Richard!

I own the DVD of David's "Richard II", so I know what to expect.
Of course the live experience will be very special. And yes, I think his performance is very impressive. So different to Ben Whishaw, it's quite interesting to compare their two versions of Richard.

May 10, 2015 9:56 am  #558

It's mothers day today! My big one made me a little canvas with a Sherlock figure and the " I'm not a psychopath..." quote. I'll have it in my office next to the autograph from Ben. 

May 10, 2015 12:54 pm  #559

^Awh how cute! 

Luckily my mum did appreciate my present, she even bragged at the family dinner about it. 

Oh, and I've just finished watching the DVD's from last years Eurovision remembering all the amazing, cool, strange and tough moments I experienced a year ago when I fulfilled a childhood dream and was PA for the Irish performers and team. 

So many random memories... from almost knocking Conchita Wurst over twice, the French guys giving me a hug because I 'allowed' them to use a bench I was standing next to for an interview, having a major 'omg I can't breathe!' fangirl moment when being backstage at a photoshoot with Jedward and they both wanted to talk to me... being in a gay bar dancing with the Irish dancers late at night, 

And being a bit drunk, meeting tobe's son Göran and saying "I sort of know your mum"

*facepalms*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2015 9:01 pm  #560

I have managed to get tickets to see Bradley Cooper in The Elephant Man on stage in London. A small group of us are going including my daughter. We are very excited about this. The reviews have been very positive. 

Board footera