BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2015 12:17 pm  #1

BBC Newsbeat article teases fans?

"Sherlock writer says Benedict Cumberbatch 'doesn't need' the show now"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32426270/sherlock-writer-says-benedict-cumberbatch-doesnt-need-the-show-now

Last edited by ukaunz (April 23, 2015 12:18 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 23, 2015 12:24 pm  #2

Re: BBC Newsbeat article teases fans?

Well, it is the truth. Unfortunately for us and great for them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 23, 2015 12:29 pm  #3

If you want to tell the truth, neither does Martin.  However, they both have said repeatedly that they want to continue to do Sherlock.  I don't think Sherlock will go on forever, but I believe that Ben, Martin and the creative team will do their best to wrap things up in a satisfying way for us when the time comes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 23, 2015 12:44 pm  #4

Sure, he doesn't need it. As long as he wants it, I'm very fine.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 23, 2015 1:02 pm  #5

Tonnaree sums it up very nicely. There's a difference between not wanting to cling to a certain project or having growing difficulties to get it scheduled. I would go for the latter and everybody involved was never mysterious about this.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 23, 2015 1:12 pm  #6

Exactly. I do not think that this is really news to anyone. And saying that he did not expect them to sign for another series might also be Steven using caution instead of bragging that they are gasping to work with him again. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 23, 2015 1:33 pm  #7

Yeah, I don't see any reason to disbelieve either Martin or Benedict when they say they'd love to keep doing Sherlock for years and years. The seasons may end up being irregularly spaced, but I bet they'll always be up for doing some more Sherlock episodes.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

Board footera