BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2014 1:50 am  #1

I Know This Might Seem Perverse But…

Does anyone miss it when Sherlock used poke fun at Anderson.

When Anderson was an ignorant and arrogant cop he made for the perfect straight man to Sherlock’s comedic one-liners.

That said, I can accept the change that the show made by turning him into a crack conspiracy theorist who “Believes in Sherlock Holmes” (although I do wonder if Sally Donovan’s opinion of Holmes has changed). Even though it was done as a clear nod to fandom.

However, I would still like to see another pompous, thick-headed supporting character in the future that Sherlock can have some fun with. The idea of a smart person belitting a short-sighted person can be funny. A good example of this would be the relationship between Edmund and Baldrick in “BlackAdder.”

April 30, 2014 6:55 am  #2

Re: I Know This Might Seem Perverse But…

Even if I like comedy parts of Sherlock, I think that Sherlock belittling somebody less inteligent than him would became really old very soon - just a repetition of his antics he already growed out of.

But maybe he would be able to make fun of somebody in a more subtle and less antagonistic, witty manner? We will see, I presume.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 17, 2015 11:25 am  #3

I absollutely agree your reply

Last edited by jia (April 17, 2015 11:26 am)

April 18, 2015 10:31 pm  #4

I do miss it a little, yeah. Or he needs to find someone new to pick on if Anderson is no longer on the scene. It's just wonderful when Sherlock dresses down someone less intelligent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera