BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2015 1:50 pm  #61

Re: Was anyone else uncomfortable...

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Remember that in ASIP, John is a man who has only recently come back from a war zone. In conflict situations, you don't have time to think about the consequences of the actions, you don't have time to start second guessing yourself or wondering whether your instincts are right. You have to go with your gut and you act. You act or people die, basically. John is a man of action.

And a HUGE..........................*swoon*

(nothing to see here, carry on)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 16, 2015 7:53 pm  #62

nakahara wrote:

....Sherlock´s universe is a peculiar one. In S3 it was established, that you can choose the place near person´s heart and shoot the person into it with such precision, that the person would not die but remains only incapaciated.

I agree with the first sentence - very peculiar! However, I've just read a fascinating explantion regarding the rest on http://wellingtongoose.tumblr.com. (Sherlock Medical Essays/On the Shooting) - the bullet wound is apparantly in the safest spot possible if you need to thoroughly incapacitate somebody.

April 16, 2015 8:09 pm  #63

Kittyhawk wrote:

I agree with the first sentence - very peculiar! However, I've just read a fascinating explantion regarding the rest on http://wellingtongoose.tumblr.com. (Sherlock Medical Essays/On the Shooting) - the bullet wound is apparantly in the safest spot possible if you need to thoroughly incapacitate somebody.

Big fan of Wellington Goose myself, love her blog and her Sherlock essays! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 16, 2015 8:16 pm  #64

I know Wellington Goose and I enjoyed most of her essays, but there were also some I didn´t agree with - it was this one and the one that claims Lestrade is doing something criminal while asking Sherlock for help (I don´t think so).

Anyway, Schmiezi, a member of this forum posted a long medical meta on the same problem that seemed more probable to me. Click on the "entire work" to read it all:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1235479/chapters/2535226

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 17, 2015 4:20 am  #65

LOL nakahara, I wasjust about to post it again myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 17, 2015 10:18 am  #66

Well, if I ever meet (in person) a medically trained person who's closely watched Sherlock I'll ask them. Till then I'll let the question rest...

June 20, 2015 6:48 am  #67

Personally I think its nice to see both good and bad of Sherlock, makes him more human. To quote him, "Do not make me out to be a hero, because I won't be." To agree with some of the other posts, the cabbie had murdered several innocent people, so for him to press the cabbie as he is dying for information on who ordered it...I don't see the problem.

June 28, 2015 2:26 pm  #68

Having watched this scene just todey, I do have to admit that I was a little shocked, too. Sherlock shows an extremely violent behavior at this very moment - doesn't matter if the cabbie is a mass murderer. What counts is that Sherlock torments a man being almost dead and clearly feeling pain.
Nevertheless, Sherlock was introduced as a "psychopath", a man who is guessed to commit crimes himself in the nearest future, so there's definately a dark, even cruel side to be found in Sherlock. I think's that makes him so fascinating, doesn't it? Partly, at least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

Board footera