BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2015 9:38 am  #1

Better Call Saul

Is anyone else watching this prequel to Breaking Bad? Honestly, this is such a special series/show. Brilliantly written and acted. I honestly cannot recommend this highly enough. You will definitely get more layers from it if you have watched Breaking Bad already, but it is still highly watchable if you haven't. So very, very funny balanced with such poignancy and sadness. Brilliant! Just brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 16, 2015 10:19 am  #2

Re: Better Call Saul

I didn't watch it yet, but my friend did and she loves it!
Hopefully I manage to watch it soon....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 16, 2015 5:44 pm  #3

I agree with your assessment, Davina!  I really loved this - looked forward to every episode and was disappointed when it was all over - thank goodness there is going to be another series!  Well written, well acted (by all the characters - loved the supporting characters), well flimed.  I felt it had quite a different tone to Breaking Bad and didn't feel like just a copy or spin-off at all.  In fact, I think I preferred it to Breaking Bad.

April 19, 2015 10:46 am  #4

Agreed! It definitely did not feel like a spin-off at all. I cannot wait for the next series. Fantastically written and acted. At the moment I would say it is right up there (and yes, quite possibly above) BB. The tone was definitely different and the character development is fantastic. Aww! Jimmy!   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 22, 2018 6:45 am  #5

Did anybody watch this last series? I keep expecting it to disappoint, but it just gets better.  I really love that things are not spelled out all the time, and that characters are not black and white.   I think it's one of the best things on TV (not that I watch loads!  But it really is outstanding).

Board footera