BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2015 4:07 pm  #21

Re: Live Theater discussion. Experiences, Favorites, Opinions.

One of the wonderful things about theater is the infanite possibilites in staging.  I've loved huge melodramtic plays like Phantom of the Opera, but I've also enjoyed things like "A Soldier's Story" which I saw performed on a bare wooden platform.

Ultimately though it's the words and the performances that make it worth while. 

I don't think stage acting is necessarily better than film acting but they are two very different experiances and the contrasts fascinate me.

Movies are often filmed out of order.  An actor has to protray his character on different points on different days.  On the stage it's like real time.  The actor becomes the character at the start of the play and carries through the journey in a straight line to the end.  Both of these require the same amount of talent but I think a bit of a different skill set.

My excitement over Hamlet has made me want to see some of my other favorites again.  Thinking of planning a date night at the Shakespeare Tavern for me and hubby.

Great place.  Lots of fun.
http://www.shakespearetavern.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera