BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2015 8:33 pm  #1621

Re: Free Rants

Yes, you´re right. Families and friends of the victims have their lives turned into hell by this tragedy, the last thing they need are the annoying papparazzi now....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 27, 2015 4:52 pm  #1622

I think finding out how and why this terrible tragedy happened is important but that is has little bearing upon the safety or otherwise of travel in aircraft generally. There will, no doubt be some changes made, but overall travelling by plane will remain extremely safe in most areas of the world. Sadly, it would appear that the actions of one person have in this sad, sad case lead to devastation for so many families.

I agree that the World's press should be circumspect in their coverage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2015 5:54 pm  #1623

It is an awful tragedy. I am so sorry for all the people who suffered a loss...

_____

I am getting a bit depressed... I am in the process of writing down things that my severe, and sometimes crippling back pain has done to me... from the symptoms itself to the impact on my social life etc. 

Mum thought it was a good idea to write down an actual list to take to my new doctor so I didn't forget anything. 

Usually I 'soldier on'... yes, I have bad days but I try my best to keep my head up (despite the ranting in here). 
But this is really making me realize how my life has been ruined by this... I'm only 25, I am too young to be 'afraid' of going out with friends for fear of getting pains... or my friends finding out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 30, 2015 12:42 pm  #1624

Not a tradgedy but,

Couldn't sleep last night.
Pouring down rain this morning.
Son missed the school bus.
My car did something very weird and scared the crap out of me.
Had to pull over and call husband.
Luckily he was able to take care of it.
But then I was stuck in traffic hell for an hour
WITHOUT COFFEE!
Late to work, soggy and my head is throbbing.

In other words, tonnaree is just one big freaking ray of sunshine this morning.
/end rant/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 30, 2015 12:57 pm  #1625

Hugs, darling! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 30, 2015 1:15 pm  #1626

Thanks you sweetheart.  I could use them!
If anyone needs me I'll be in the Benedict picture thread paddling in the shallow end of the pool.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 30, 2015 4:36 pm  #1627

*passes a coffee served in a cup with a rude Ben C picture on it*

____

I am in trouble financially... all because the counsel has been messing with me.

I called them 5 times over the last months to hear what I needed to do in order to get back on benefits, that should be paid out tomorrow...
The story all of them told me was that it would happen naturally...
Ive turned up to all the meetings they called me into, did what ever I had to do...

TODAY I call them again because I can't understand why I haven't heard anything about the money yet (I usually get a message at least the day before).

Turns out I was supposed to fill in an application, the very application I have asked about 5 times and was told wasn't needed.

Thank you very much. I have no idea how to pay my rent on Wednesday. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 30, 2015 5:03 pm  #1628

Bless you Phantom.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 30, 2015 9:22 pm  #1629

I'm having some very dark thoughts tonight... ugh. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 31, 2015 8:34 pm  #1630

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I'm having some very dark thoughts tonight... ugh. 

I hope they did pass eventually, and I hope you had a better, brighter day today
Don't let these thoughts get you down! *offers hug*
Sometimes I wish it was possible to send more via internet than just words...!

We have had a stormy day here, with lots of surprisingly sudden rain, which means timing is everything or everything is wet. Well, my timing isn't very good, so... drip drip drip.

"It is what it is."

April 1, 2015 3:03 am  #1631

Sorry to read about everyone's troubles Hopefully things are looking better today? *hugs* to all.

I finally got hold of Hawking from the library. For me, it was a good film to watch today as my levels of self-loathing are rather high at the moment. I cried all the way through it as I was reminded to get over myself. However it really is an uplifting film in the end. Then I went and scrolled though the Benedict picture thread. You're right tonnaree, it is certainly good medicine .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2015 6:43 am  #1632

Thank you Whiskey. It was a bad time, and I'm not proud... but I'm okay now.

I hope you'll feel better Ukaunz and that you got dry, Whiskey!

_____

I just called the benefits office... they pretty much gave me a telling off for calling. Yesterday I got a message from them telling me they were putting me on the wrong benefits! (which means I'd only get half of what I need to pay my bills)... because that's what they give to people without education. I have an education and yesterday I sent in papers to prove it... the lady I talked to this morning seemed really pissed that I wanted to make sure they got the new info.

I am just trying to pay my bills, lady. It's not like I love being on benefits either

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 6, 2015 8:15 pm  #1633

Mother's day is coming up... and I really stressed about what to get my mum, she doesn't like all the usual things... she doesn't want chocolate, the cats will eat flowers... she did wish for some giant plant there is no way I could travel with by trains and buses...
I ended up buying her a travel mug for her coffee... she has a habit of taking coffee with her when she is gardening and always gets dirt and bugs into it. 

I had to call her and ask her to print some important papers for me since my printer broke... I asked nicely and she instantly snapped. 

She has the power to break me down just with the tone of her voice. ugh. 

I know it's a very childish thought but I'm tempted to bring the (expensive!) travel mug back to the store and get my money back... just like she would cancel my Birthdays when I was a kid over little mistakes I made. 

I just always keep trying to give chances and it hurts every time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 9, 2015 6:42 am  #1634

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my dental surgery on Saturday... my jaw still hurts from having one wisdom tooth removed on wednesday. And that was the simple one. The next one will be taken out by a surgeon as it's horizontal... 

I need this, I have toothaches and all my bottom teeth are under pressure and I've already broken two because of it...

And luckily I was given the surgery for free by the council... 

But... ugh. This is going to hurt. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 9, 2015 1:26 pm  #1635

Wisdom teeth!  I can commiserate with you on that count.  

It's been years but I have gone through the removal of my wisdom teeth - all five of them.  Yes, I am one of the lucky ones that actually had five wisdom teeth. I had one removed first and then later on the last remaining four done all in one sitting.  Talk about pain.  And that is when I discovered I was not tolerant of codine - the dentist gave me some pain killers with codine in them to help me in my recovery at home and I almost immediately became violently sick to my stomach.  My face was so swelled up that weekend!  

Anyway all that was worth it because I haven't suffered since.  My wisdom teeth were always getting infected and causing a lot of trouble but it has been clear sailing since their removal.  

So there's that to look forward to at least.  

Good luck with yours.

-Val 

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

June 9, 2015 3:50 pm  #1636

Good luck with the wisdom tooth removal. My son is having trouble with one of his that is partially erupted at the moment. It's a pain. Literally!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 9, 2015 3:56 pm  #1637

I'm soo tired- and so annoyed by it! Got enough sleep, try to get outside to get fresh air, and yet I could just sleep all day. I don't get anything done and it's driving me crazy. Grmpfharghnhn.

Uh, wisdom teeth... ugh. I feel with you, phantom!
I think it doesn't have to hurt badly each time, it also depends where the tooth is and how the surgery goes and such... and if you have good painkillers. Maybe you can ask for better/stronger ones, if last time the pain was very bad. I remember having good painkillers which made it really bearable, not worse than the usual dentist appointment.
The good thing is, as Ah-chie said, afterwards it's over for ever! normally you never have to worry about the wisdom-beasties again, and that's really sth to look forward to! I surely don't miss them :D

"It is what it is."

June 9, 2015 4:56 pm  #1638

Thank you, all of you! I'll try not to worry too much about it all. 
Sorry to hear your son is struggling, Davina. And hope you feel better soon Wisky!

I wasn't given painkillers by the dentist last week, but I'm already on pretty strong pain relief for my back and hip so I suppose it's a little hard to add to it...

I do look forward to a future without my wisdom teeth, they have given me trouble for 7 years now and I've asked to have them removed for so long since my orthodontist told me there would be problems later... and lo and behold. 
The same dentist who kept saying there was no need told me a few months ago that if they don't take out my wisdom teeth I can lose all of my teeth in the lower half of my mouth. YIKES. I'm only 25. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 9, 2015 9:44 pm  #1639

That sounds nasty, Phantom, wish you all the best for the surgery. I hope it will be a relief afterwards.
* big hugs*
Whisky, I know how you feel, I could sleep days in a row as well.... Maybe it's the change of weather in spring, or you haven't drank enough (water, tea, whatever) or not enough sports.... You will get back to old form 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 10, 2015 7:07 pm  #1640

Same sentiment from me, Phantom.  Sorry that had to happen and that you got conflicting advice.  I hope things get better and you'll be fine, even though there will be pain along the way.  It's pain you're lucky to have, the pain of surgery, because the alternative is what less fortunate people deal with and is worse.  I hope that's at least somewhat positive.
Never had wisdom tooth surgery myself, but I had a friend who did and she felt miserable after but only for a little while. 
Mine haven't grown in yet so who knows what will happen to me (with any luck they won't come, but I have my doubts because of the experience of other people in my family).  I have a small mouth and when I had braces I had four molars removed (one on each side, top and bottom) and there's still not much space left at the back of my jaws.  So maybe one day I will also have to endure that.
At any rate...
Sending you positive energy!

Last edited by Yitzock (June 10, 2015 7:09 pm)

Clueing for looks.

Board footera