BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2014 5:01 pm  #41

Re: Looking for a thread or post in the forum : ask here

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1300&p=1
for the whole discussion regarding German language, it's up to the staff, right.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 8, 2014 5:32 pm  #42

Harriet wrote:

We had a discussion that there shall be no threads in other languages than English, but a thread for links to other language sites might be a good idea if wanted.

A thread just for links in other languages than english would be a good idea.
It was not my intention to start a separat german discussion, it wouldn´t make sense, because only a few peolple will understand what was writen there. Although my english is terribel, nevertheless I can follow mostly and if I understand something wrong,  I saw you gently helping me out.
But because there is so much stuff of BC and Sherlock in internet, I think it would be nice to be pointed in, if someone found something  of interest, or have a place to share my discoveries.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 8, 2014 5:43 pm  #43

I agree with you. Only few people would understand it and it might split the forum.
Plus, at least for the Germans, there are extra chat rooms available.

But for a link thread, go ahead, you're free to start one and see how it goes 

Edit: For some topics such as the German S3 broadcasting, participants also linked to German sites, and nobody took offence 

Last edited by Harriet (November 8, 2014 5:47 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 9, 2014 11:42 am  #44

Feel free to start a thread for links in other languages. Sounds like a good idea to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 10, 2014 8:53 am  #45

Sounds good to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 17, 2014 7:52 pm  #46

I thought I saw a thread that was for folks who wanted to try things out without messing up the board.  I would like to fiddle with and then test out my avatar but I can't seem to locate that particular thread.  Can someone help?

Thanks

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 17, 2014 8:05 pm  #47

It doesn't work like that. If you want to try a new avatar, it will appear next to each of all your posts anyway. Just go ahead and if it doesn't work, try again. Also, in your Profile settings you can find requirements for avatars 

December 17, 2014 10:06 pm  #48

Thanks.

I'll do that.

Now all I have to do is find a picture that I like and fits the parameters.  I went to deviant art site (someone gave me a link) but I couldn't figure out how to download the images.  I'll keep working on it.

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

December 17, 2014 10:09 pm  #49

You may just use a link to deviant art if the artists allow it - and some are willing to do so.

Last edited by Harriet (December 17, 2014 10:13 pm)

December 17, 2014 11:17 pm  #50

Got it finally!! 

Really cool pic of his "loveliness" in all his glory and just the right amount of animation for my personal preference.

Thanks a bunch.

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

March 30, 2015 12:10 pm  #51

Hey, I'm looking for a general Mycroft discussion/character analyses thread, but I can't seem to find any that is not about a specific question or episode. It seems unlikely that there is none. Can anyone help?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

March 30, 2015 12:42 pm  #52

Lola Red wrote:

Hey, I'm looking for a general Mycroft discussion/character analyses thread, but I can't seem to find any that is not about a specific question or episode. It seems unlikely that there is none. Can anyone help?

I have a similar question - I went through all pages of Character Analysis thread and couldn't find one suitable for discussion of Sherlock's personality/psychology in general. What thread should I use for that?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 30, 2015 7:15 pm  #53

Vhanja wrote:

Lola Red wrote:

I have a similar question - I went through all pages of Character Analysis thread and couldn't find one suitable for discussion of Sherlock's personality/psychology in general. What thread should I use for that?

To both of you, if you've had a snoot around and you can't find what it is you're looking for, or can't find a thread that sufficiently matches what you need to say, then by all means, go ahead and start one up.

Certainly, I don't think we have a Mycroft one.

I know we've discussed many aspects of Sherlock's personality and psychology in the Character Analysis but maybe they were more specific such as "Does Sherlock have Aspergers" or "Is Sherlock Asexual" and stuff like that. If you feel you have something new to bring to the table that isn't currently being covered by any of the topics, then go for it.

March 30, 2015 7:43 pm  #54

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Lola Red wrote:

To both of you, if you've had a snoot around and you can't find what it is you're looking for, or can't find a thread that sufficiently matches what you need to say, then by all means, go ahead and start one up.

Certainly, I don't think we have a Mycroft one.

Thank you Boss. And we have now: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=6278

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

March 31, 2015 3:50 am  #55

I looked through the TV section on this board but couldn't find any thread dedicated to House of Cards (US version)  with Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright.  Is there one on this board?

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this hunt.

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

March 31, 2015 12:52 pm  #56

Ah-chie wrote:

I looked through the TV section on this board but couldn't find any thread dedicated to House of Cards (US version)  with Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright.  Is there one on this board?

-Val

I had a look too and no, I don't think so. Go ahead and start one.

March 31, 2015 2:47 pm  #57

Thank you for that info.

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

March 31, 2015 5:09 pm  #58

Ah-chie wrote:

-Val

I thought of that too, with recent conversation!  It just never came up...

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 4, 2015 11:09 am  #59

Is there a thread anywhere that discusses the bobble-hat deduction scene between Sherlock and Mycroft? So far in my searches I have only found brief mentions... thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 4, 2015 11:49 am  #60

Perhaps continue here?  It's in the right forum part, too

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=4139

Board footera