BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2015 11:21 pm  #201

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Oh there'll definitely be reports! I'll try and make a daily update, with many, many pictures.
Do you think it'll be possible on the forum or...do I have to write a blog on everything that happens there?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 18, 2015 11:26 pm  #202

Definitely the forum. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 18, 2015 11:29 pm  #203

Will do, then

Now, attention attendees.
What do you say we meet up during the con (or at the end of the day) and write the posts together?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 19, 2015 2:54 pm  #204

Hello fellow Sherlock enthusiast

I'm going to Sherlockon, I was going with my friend but as luck will have it she can't come with me due to final exames. Therefore I have one extra Silver Pass in Group E.

We can't get a refund for the ticket so instead of it going to waste I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting it for around 99punds instead of 125punds. ?

Please feel free to contact me via PM

Audur

"Elementary, my dear Watson"

March 26, 2015 6:52 pm  #205

Holy cow….  not only are you lucky goers getting a chance to see Benedict, Louise, Rupert, Mark, Sue, Steven, Lara, Andrew, Lars, Jonathan, Danny/Arwel, 'Jennifer Wilson', 'Sholto', 'Dr.Frankland', 'Miss Sutherland', exhibits, and throngs of fans, but they just confirmed Una Stubbs has agreed to come as well!  (because England would fall without her, of course)     

Dang!  Part of me wistful, part excited vicariously through people going, part still shaking head at the sentiment we expressed about it being so overblown.  A photo with Una is 20 pounds… 40 (with VIP package only) to do it on the 221b Set.      Eh, well.  I know they have to pay these people and for all the stuff and try to keep the sessions from going on forever, but still.  Look forward to hearing about, and just mentally picturing it and how cool it must be for them to have so many cast-mates to see while there. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 26, 2015 7:29 pm  #206

Lilythiell wrote:

Oh there'll definitely be reports! I'll try and make a daily update, with many, many pictures.
Do you think it'll be possible on the forum or...do I have to write a blog on everything that happens there?

We would love to hear your reports. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2015 10:52 pm  #207

I think there'll be a huge part on what is said about John Watson before Sherlock.
I assume that would interest some of you, wouldn't it?

March 27, 2015 5:19 am  #208

Lilythiell wrote:

I think there'll be a huge part on what is said about John Watson before Sherlock.
I assume that would interest some of you, wouldn't it?

Definitely! It would be really great if you could tell us more about that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 27, 2015 5:14 pm  #209

Figured. Will do, then

March 28, 2015 8:44 pm  #210

Does anybody want to have a meet up at Sherlocked?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 28, 2015 8:49 pm  #211

God, yes!
Still perusing ideas for cosplay so I can't tell you how to spot me yet.
But I'm definitely interested in a meet up, yes.

April 1, 2015 9:23 pm  #212

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 2, 2015 11:10 am  #213

Lack of interest, really?

April 2, 2015 4:31 pm  #214

Erm, for those of you who'll be attending...and if you're not broke yet, a few more photo shoots are available and go on sale at 7PM UTC +1

http://sherlocked.msgfocus.com/q/15SyTWpfI8a8h0WY58/wv
I'm broke, but I will certainly try to buy a few of those anyway.

Edit: Done. Secured me a photoshoot with Ben, Mark, Andrew, Una, Rupert and Loo , and a seat to a screening of a Sherlock episode introduced by Ben. All in all I think I've been reasonable, could have also gone for a picture with Ben on the set of 221b living room and one with Mark on the set of Mycroft's office.

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 2, 2015 6:08 pm)

April 3, 2015 3:01 pm  #215

thank you very mcuh and waiting for the SHERLOCKED  report

April 3, 2015 9:12 pm  #216

April 8, 2015 3:39 pm  #217

Hi everyone!
I’m new to this forum so I'm only just joining in on the pre-Sherlocked excitement in herewink emoticon My name is Ellen, I'm 22 and I’m flying in from Holland and have a weekend pass plus a talk and photoshoot with Benedict. I’ll be going on my own so I hope to run into some of you during the weekend smile emoticonI’m a massive Sherlock fan, but there’s a second reason behind me visiting the convention: I’m writing my thesis on it! I study at the University of Amsterdam and this is the last hurdle I have to take to obtain my master’s degree. I hope to find out what role the Sherlocked Convention has in the series’ media strategy and what impact the convention has on a fan’s media experience.So.. I guess you can kinda feel the question coming already: would anyone be interested in helping me with my research? It’d require participation in two text-based interviews about your experiences as a Sherlock fan and expectations/experiences with the Sherlocked convention (can be done through Facebook chat). The first will be about 30 minutes and take place before the convention, the second will be 15-20 minutes and take place after it. Your anonymity is guaranteed, only the answers will be used for analysis!

Since it’s academic research, I had to set up some prerequisites. You have to be:
1.A fan of the BBC Sherlock series,
2. An active participant in one or more online fan communities,
3. Between the ages of 16 and 40,
4. Fluent in English (or Dutch),
5. Willing to participate in two interviews that will be documented for analysis.I need 10 people for this, so I’m hoping some of you would be interested in participating. If you have ANY questions or anything, you can send me a private message on here. If you’re not interested, then I’d like to thank you for reading through this very long postwink emoticonHave a lovely evening!!

April 8, 2015 4:05 pm  #218

Hi, Openeyesignals. Glad to hear you'll be joining in Sherlocked, I'm hoping you'll have a great time, too!
As for your thesis, that's an interesting subject. Count me in, I'm more than willing to help

-Lily

April 18, 2015 11:31 am  #219

So...Less than a week to go, I honestly can't wait. Shame I won't be able to go as early as I intended (exams and trains...), but I'm definitely still going.
The schedules for Saturday and Sunday have both been released, there are quite a number of things to do. There's going to be an auction. Yes, you read that right.
As if they really need more money. .but I'll be going, just to see how crazy it can be.
Oh, does anyone know of Big Chief Studios? There'll have a stand here as well. Bad news for my bank account.

April 20, 2015 6:28 pm  #220

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Does anybody want to have a meet up at Sherlocked?

Yes!

Apart from that- anyone else flying from Hamburg to Gatwick on Friday evening?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

Board footera