BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2015 10:07 am  #1

Benedict's double?

Am I the only one to find this odd? Where the good lord is the resemblance? Doesn't the press have enough to write about when Ben is on his well deserved honeymoon?
*scratching head*
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2977233/The-Imitation-Game-Teenage-lookalike-Benedict-Cumberbatch-bombarded-messages-thousands-women-world.html

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 4, 2015 10:27 am  #2

Re: Benedict's double?

Completely ridiculous. He looks nothing like Benedict, and how lame to present himself that way. I hope he's not making money off this, but unfortunately he probably is 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 4, 2015 11:20 am  #3

I'm not sure if it's even his "fault".
I remember some pics of him months (years?) ago, when people thought they were from teenage-Ben.
So now it seems that boy probably "just" jumped on that train.

But "fans" can't tell the difference between 16 and 38? Really? 

EDIT: They can have that boy. I prefer the MAN. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (March 4, 2015 11:23 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 4, 2015 12:05 pm  #4

My opinion exactly, Mattlocked.

Certainly there are people who say: "You look young Cumberbatch."
But mistake him for Benedict? Typical Daily Fail story, I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 4, 2015 1:25 pm  #5

Oh my gosh. Now that is a fail.

honestly his eyes look a little photoshopped to me 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 4, 2015 5:14 pm  #6

This is absolutely ludicrous. This boy looks nothing like Ben. Daily Fail indeed. (love that expression, by the way).
I completely agree with you, mrshouse, when you wonder if the press doesn't have enough to write on Ben. However, I wouldn't use the word "press". Seems too much an honour. I wish they'd leave him alone. Then again, that's the tabloïds for you, spreading rumours, writing farfetched articles, misquoting people...anything to sell, and to hell with ethics!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 4, 2015 5:42 pm  #7

Mattlocked wrote:

I remember some pics of him months (years?) ago, when people thought they were from teenage-Ben.

I remember it from a few years back, yes. I generally don't see these sorts of resemblences, and I didn't with this kid either, but obviously people did. But this is such old news for a new article!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 5, 2015 10:21 pm  #8

Sorry boy, you tried, but there can be only one Benedict. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera