BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2015 8:13 am  #1601

Re: Free Rants

I only get half a sallery this month and my benefits only get in next month...

I will be able to make it okay with food and stuff... but it means unless things changes and I find a job; I won't be able to pay for my London trip to see Hamlet in August

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 5, 2015 9:50 pm  #1602

I feel a bit sick tonight...

My guy's PTSD has been really bad lately and I've tried my best to help him (mainly try to convince him to finally let his therapist know how bad it actually is so she can help him...) and other than that, keeping his head above water... it just hasn't been easy at all... 
I think the worst part is his guilt... he feels guilty about his breakdowns and that I have to see him like that... and the fear that I will leave him.

(I hate to say this, but I'm actually 'happy' we will be out of touch this weekend... I know it's bad to say this but I really need some rest and not feeling like I'm constantly on standby to save him)

Luckily I think his therapy went great today, and tonight I spent some time trying to get him to sleep...

I went on auto pilot, and tried to make him relax in a certain *cough, cough* way... the thing is, word for word it was something I had done a lot of times before... 
Let me just say, it's really bad memories and I felt so sick. 

But he fell asleep and is sleeping soundly. Finally!

And I can just lie here, hugging myself feeling bad about myself... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 11, 2015 3:42 pm  #1603

Well that's it, then. I will just have to stop being sick. fill-in doctor said "when one is sick, one is sick. one is not sick at 3.45 when I'm closing at 4". O-kay. What does that even mean? Can someone with understanding of people please explain it to me? It seems I've made a terrible mistake, but what could it be? I simply don't have the slightest idea. Just know that I must stop being sick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 11, 2015 4:11 pm  #1604

I really hope you feel better soon, Lily! That's an awful thing to say for a doctor! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 11, 2015 6:29 pm  #1605

That doctor should return his diploma, he´s a disgrace. So unprofessional! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 11, 2015 6:45 pm  #1606

So you have to be ill during office hours.... pathetic from your so-called doctor. I hope you will feel better soon Lily

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

March 11, 2015 8:22 pm  #1607

Thank you all for your kind words. I am feeling better now and will be able to resume work tomorrow

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 16, 2015 5:55 pm  #1608

I'm ripping hair out of my head!!

I have a very important meeting about my future tomorrow... an evaluation of my capability to become a 'real' medical secretary. This could help me get set for life!

They wanted me to bring copie of all of my school papers... and I was in the middle of printing them tonight (yes, I was supposed to do it a week ago, I'm usually in good time and organized!!) the printer jammed... and well, showing up without those papers I might as well not show up at all!

Luckily mum is printing them out for me... which means 3 hours travel time to get them... it's 7pm now, and I have to get up at 5am in the morning. 

This is a bit not good... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 16, 2015 6:11 pm  #1609

But what a great chance, Phantom, all the best luck for your interview tomorrow!
Try to relax during the drive, I always listen to audio books when driving my 40 minutes to work.
You'll be doing fine. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 16, 2015 7:53 pm  #1610

Yes, Phantom, do try to relax. I'm sure it'll be all right
A good cup of tea -or herbal soother, whichever you prefer. Watch an episode of Sherlock. Take a hot bath, or a hot shower. Read a bit. Mrshouse is right, listening to an audiobook might be a very good idea.
Everything will be all right, don't worry !

March 16, 2015 7:55 pm  #1611

I have my fingers crossed for you tommorrow, Phantom. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 16, 2015 10:10 pm  #1612

Thank you all of you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 23, 2015 10:02 pm  #1613

I was at the dentist today (I haven't been in a couple of years before I can't afford it...)

But last night a bit of my tooth chipped off and I had to have it fixed. 

Not only was that expensive but the dentist also informed me he would like to operate my wisdom teeth out.

I have been asking to have my wisdom teeth removed for about 10 years. They have hurt so much, killing pain. And my orthodontist even told me there was no space for them in my mouth. This I've told my dentist several times and he just shrugged.
NOW he's found out that unless my wisdom teeth get removed I risk losing a lot more teeth.  

The bill is massive... and I'll have to go and beg the state to help me, since I'm on benefits already; and when the rent is paid I have about £10 left. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 24, 2015 4:19 am  #1614

I'm sorry if this sounds weird saying, but… I couldn't help but have first thought during reading be about what the heck is up with your doctors believing you on this stuff?!      Sorry to hear, and hope gets fixed alright!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 24, 2015 12:03 pm  #1615

I'm pretty tired of that myself... 

I've just had a chance to change my GP, hoping to finally have more luck being heard. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 24, 2015 10:57 pm  #1616

But two different ones?  Is that a typical attitude?  Guess I just can't imagine… been good with that over here, although sure, I know you get all types.  My 'general' guy (who I really only need once in a blue moon to check up on this or that) is one of those 'loves to prescribe a drug' types, but that's it, at least.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 24, 2015 11:23 pm  #1617

My previous doctors would have done anything for me. So it's just been rotten luck I suppose... before I moved away from home I had a lovely young woman who took me very seriously. She even managed to get me free mental help! 
But when I moved I was forced to change doctors... and ended up with an older man who seems pretty bored with his job. His consultations barely take a minute. He doesn't even look at you and heasn't even bothered reading your file or why you're here. 

I was lucky, since there's going to be some changes at my GP's clinic, him splitting up with the other doctor he worked with; I was allowed to change to a new GP without charge. So I'm crossing my fingers! I chose a clinic with lots of doctors so chances should be I can find someone good. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 26, 2015 6:41 pm  #1618

Most media coverage of germanwings plane crash makes me sick. And it's hard to avoid.
The plane crash itself makes me feel really really sad and shocked.

"It is what it is."

March 26, 2015 7:29 pm  #1619

Whisky wrote:

Most media coverage of germanwings plane crash makes me sick. And it's hard to avoid.

I hate sensationalist media with passion, but in case of this unprecedented mass murder of innocent people I´m torn... I think it is neccessary for the public to know the reason of this awful tragedy, so that the people would be aware of the risks while traveling by plane. 

March 26, 2015 7:50 pm  #1620

nakahara wrote:

Whisky wrote:

I hate sensationalist media with passion, but in case of this unprecedented mass murder of innocent people I´m torn... I think it is neccessary for the public to know the reason of this awful tragedy, so that the people would be aware of the risks while traveling by plane. 

Yes, the public needs information. But I think the actual facts would do nicely.
I cannot understand why any journalist would think pictures of crying relatives are necessary to "inform the public". In such moments, it's easy to see which media does a good, respectful job. Most do not, imo.

"It is what it is."

Board footera