BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 12, 2015 8:58 pm  #161

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Yeah, you're right, paying to have your picture taken with someone does seem a bit strange when...for the most part...you can get your picture taken with them for free if you attend premieres, or go to stage doors, or setlock etc. I suppose though, if you don't get chance to attend any of those because you live abroad or whathaveyou, a con might be your only chance!

In my particular case, I am literally only going because I want to see that John Watson exhibit. I need to see the John Watson exhibit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 27, 2015 11:46 am  #162

So...I'm going, too. First, like so many of us commoners, I laughed at the ridiculous prices. I mean, 3k...
Didn't prevent me from buying a ticket, though. A silver one, mind, not the 3k one. Silver ticket which I upgraded (sounding like a Cyberman, here!) to gold (no, not a good idea for a Cyberman).
Who will be going, then? I'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, anyone staying at the same place?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 28, 2015 10:43 pm  #163

I'm going with a good friend of mine (who never saw anything of the series, but she will do so with me to prepare her...). We bought the weekend ticket as saturday was already sold out. I'm really looking forward especially for the information about John's life as a soldier and the sets and props. I just want to take a glimpse behind the curtains of this show, maybe talk to some people and just have one or two nice days at the convention.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to try my luck for a fotoshoot ticket with Benedict. I can understand the thoughts and concerns about this fotoshoots some of you mentioned. But as I live in Germany and will not often have the opportunity to meet him in person on some event in the UK... I'm not sure if I can explain my thoughts about it properly, but let me try:
Benedict is an actor. PR is part of his job. If he does this on the red carpet or on an organised photoshoot - it's still part of his job. If he is so kind to sign something for a fan waiting at the red carpet or near a set, of course it's nice of him. It's something he personally choses to do. And on this occasions I think it's absolutely okay to ask him for an autograph or a foto. What I would never do is (and can't understand, how people can do this), is to disturb his privacy. Even if I met him somehow somewhere in the world - I would never go over and talk to him. First of all I wouldn't get a coherent sentence out of my mouth. But the important point is: He is a real person with a real life. We tend to forget this. We see him as a public person, and I'm pretty sure that some people just forget that. I made this experience with other fans of my favourite band. This is just not cool, it's rude and embarassing.

So the point is - if Benedict is at the convention and has agreed to fotoshoots and autographs, than I'm fine with that. It's work for him, and he get's paid for his work. I'm pretty sure he won't be there for 10 hours signing things and smiling for fotos. I guess it will be only one or two hours. And I think he can endure two hours of smiling and giving autographs.

And talking about the prices... of course it's a ridiculous amount of money for a VIP Pass. But hey - if one can afford it and is willing to pay so much money: I'm okay with it. I know similar VIP tickets from my favourite band, and believe me: they are always sold out. Always. No matter how expensive.

What ever will happen on those days, I'm absolutely willing to enjoy my time there - if I see Benedict or not. And I am a big fan of Benedict, I really am, and of course I would be so happy to meet him in person. Maybe I can catch a glimpse of him and be happy. Maybe there's one of the other actors who is easier to get through. Maybe I meet some other fans from Germany (feel free to contact me here). It's a once in a lifetime event for me. So I'm really excited and glad I can be there.

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"No! We are never playing that again!"
"Why not?"
"Because it is not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock! That's why."
"It was the only possible solution!"
"It's not in the rules."
"Then the rules are wrong!"

February 28, 2015 10:47 pm  #164

Have lots of fun! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2015 1:07 pm  #165

Guys, Rupert Graves will be there
And the party themes have been announced, for those of you who purchased a Gold ticket and higher. They're also discussing whether or not selling entry tickets at the doors to the parties.
So, the themes are (for Friday): Irene Adler's Boudoir and The Underground; (for Saturday) Moriarty's Lair and Sherlock's Mind Palace.
I'm excited, but dressing up to suit a theme has never been my forte. Oh well, we'll see then.
And...Rupert !

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 8, 2015 8:35 am  #166

I was amazed when I read about Rupert Graves - getting more and more excited!

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"Because it is not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock! That's why."
"It's not in the rules."

March 8, 2015 11:51 am  #167

Yay, so am I! Who wouldn't be?
Waiting for Martin to be announced. And Andrew. And Loo. And...oh, let's face it the whole cast
What did you think of the party themes, Miss Sherlock?

March 9, 2015 9:44 pm  #168

Sounds interesting. But as I only have a standard ticket I won't be going to one of the parties.

I hope for Martin to be announced as a guest, too. And I would really love to see Amanda there, I like her so much. And Andrew... and... Hm... I think you're right, Lilythiell: The whole cast!

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"It's not in the rules."

March 11, 2015 5:57 pm  #169

Lol!   You guys said you wanted the whole cast!  Well… new guests have been announced (and they worded it to say that more may still be announced?  wow).     Not quite the ones had in mind, but fascinating they've been working to apparently get any more they could, and that these actors wanted to come as well…  so welcome Alistair Petrie (Sholto) and Louise Breckon-Richards (Jennifer Wilson, 'pink' lady).  And the big one…. man, I'd be so excited to meet him too… dun dun - Lars Mikkelsen!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 11, 2015 6:24 pm  #170

If I was wavering if I would attend or not, Lars Mikkelsen would definitely get me there. Perfect!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 11, 2015 8:06 pm  #171

Yeah, I received notice of it this afternoon. While not being as ecstatic as I would have been were it were it "bigger" cast members announced, I was thrilled. Lars, though, is a spectacular actor and I am really, really happy he'll be there. Not saying the others aren't great, I haven't checked their other works (well they must be, they have had a part in Sherlock, after all!).

Last edited by Lilythiell (March 11, 2015 8:07 pm)

March 11, 2015 9:59 pm  #172

Lars Mikkelsen! Whow! Even my boyfriend said, he really loved the way he played Magnussen. 

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"It's not in the rules."

March 13, 2015 12:55 pm  #173

ANDREW SCOTT IS COMING, TOO. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ANDREW SCOTT IS COMING TO THE EVENT.

*faints*

(Yes, capital letters were necessary)

Last edited by Lilythiell (March 13, 2015 12:56 pm)

March 13, 2015 12:56 pm  #174

Andrew Scott too? Wonderful!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 13, 2015 1:11 pm  #175

Jonathan Aris, too. But in my opinion, Andrew Scott is so much more...!

March 13, 2015 1:14 pm  #176

Jonathan Aris is not bad either.
It seems like an interesting bunch of guests already.

March 13, 2015 1:22 pm  #177

Never said he was. Just that I find Andrew Scott ... brilliant.

And, yes, it does look like an interesting bunch of guests, doesn't it?

March 13, 2015 1:48 pm  #178

ha, Anderson is coming, that might lower the IQ dramatically  Have fun, all you members who are attending! Reports will be appreciated 

March 13, 2015 2:01 pm  #179

Reports will be given. With pictures.

March 13, 2015 8:44 pm  #180

Talks and photoshoots on sale next week. What do you mean, I'm already broke?

Board footera