BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2015 9:08 pm  #1

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

I am a Star Trek Fan since my childhood and very sad right now... 

R.I.P. Mr Spock

Last edited by stoertebeker (February 27, 2015 9:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 27, 2015 9:21 pm  #2

Re: R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

Yes, he was my favourite ST character. Did you read his last tweet?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 27, 2015 9:32 pm  #3

Never been a Trekker myself, really, but Nimroy and Spock are legends still. R.I.P.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 27, 2015 9:33 pm  #4

Yeah, beautiful words and very true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 27, 2015 9:51 pm  #5

I am also very sad at this news. Leonard Nimoy, Bill Shatner and the rest of the crew were an intrinsic part of my childhood and teen years. Star Trek was probably the very first show I was truly a fan of (though Doctor Who terrified me on a Saturday throughout my childhood and I did enjoy a couple of other shows a lot). R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy. Beam him up Scotty!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 27, 2015 11:09 pm  #6

Star Trek was my first introduction to the wonderful world of fandom.  Because it it I've gone places and met people and done things that I never would've without it.

Thank you Mr. Nimoy for helping start me on my journey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 27, 2015 11:18 pm  #7

An icon of my youth ...
R.I.P, Leonard Nimoy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 27, 2015 11:47 pm  #8

tonnaree wrote:

Star Trek was my first introduction to the wonderful world of fandom.

Me too. I used to be in a Star Trek fan club for several years, finding such wonderful things as fan fiction. Star Trek was the first fandom, I was deeply devoted to for a long time.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 28, 2015 9:03 am  #9

This is such sad news. He was my favorite from the original crew. And a talented director as well. But he lived a long and fulfilled life, I think. Hope he had his piece and his family around.
As George Takei said, he is now returned to the stars. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 28, 2015 11:02 am  #10

TOS never was 'my' Star Trek, that always was and always will be TNG. But nevertheless, Star Trek without Leonard Nimoy and Spock... that's almost impossible to imagine.
I will never forget how my heart started beating faster when I watched JJ's "Star Trek" and all of a sudden... there he was again!
He will be missed.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 28, 2015 11:03 am  #11

mrshouse wrote:

Oh yes... and hopefully, if there is such a thing, he will be reunited with DeForest Kelley.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 28, 2015 11:43 am  #12

SolarSystem wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

Oh yes... and hopefully, if there is such a thing, he will be reunited with DeForest Kelley.

...and James Doohan.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 28, 2015 12:55 pm  #13

stoertebeker wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

...and James Doohan.

...and Gene Roddenberry..

Board footera