BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2012 1:53 pm  #61

Re: Doctor Who

Today it was announced with great sadness that Mary Tamm, who played the 4th Doctor Who's (Tom Baker) Time Lady companion, Romana, has died of cancer at the age of just 62.

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-07-26/doctor-whos-romana-mary-tamm-dies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 1, 2012 6:53 pm  #62

Found these while I was slinking around the interweb looking for Sherlock pics. Hope you like...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 1, 2012 6:58 pm  #63

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 1, 2012 9:49 pm  #64

FUNNNNNY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 1, 2012 10:19 pm  #65

Ooooh... por Tenth!!

David Tennant is so cute...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 7, 2012 10:01 pm  #66

New Series 7 Trailer:

Looks pretty epic right?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 7, 2012 10:29 pm  #67

Dinosaurs on a spaceship?
Ok, I think I just found my excuse for starting to watch Dr. Who!!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 8, 2012 3:34 am  #68

you'll love it, Molly!!  You'll be hooked on it in no time at all.   And BBC A  keeps saying it will return soon.   When  is Soon?   I  want it now.   

Netflix doesn't have the Christmas Carol  or the Widow Xmas special in their line-up--  are those two episodes out on dvd?  I seem to recall seeing that they are---

I  so  want that Tardis Box shelf to hold my dvds and stuff.  Where can I get one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 8, 2012 6:49 am  #69

Molly, you're going to LOVE the Doctor, I'm sure. You can start from Eccleston's episodes. I want to read your opinion

Kitty, I guess A Christmas Carol should be included in series 6 DVDs, but I'm not sure. About the last Christmas special... unless it has been released separately, I think you would have to wait for series 7 DVDs. But I might be wrong

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 8, 2012 8:01 am  #70

"you're going to LOVE the Doctor, I'm sure."

*sits back and basks in new-found glory, feeling very smug and accomplished*

August 8, 2012 1:40 pm  #71

The Doctor wrote:

"you're going to LOVE the Doctor, I'm sure."

*sits back and basks in new-found glory, feeling very smug and accomplished*

*happy to read that*

August 9, 2012 12:13 am  #72

I had been waiting for someone to connect the quote 'When I say run, run" to the Doctor but alas, they stuck it to Sherlock himself..

August 9, 2012 1:05 am  #73

I've only watched the first 3 series, but I finally gave in and watched the trailer. It looks amazing . Just the picture looks so much better than it does in the first few series.

For those of you who have seen all of the series--could I skip the fourth series without missing too much?

August 9, 2012 1:33 am  #74

The Doctor wrote:

I had been waiting for someone to connect the quote 'When I say run, run" to the Doctor but alas, they stuck it to Sherlock himself..

Oh I most definitely did make that connection, that's why I couldn't work out who said it in Sherlock!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 9, 2012 5:29 am  #75

Arya wrote:

I've only watched the first 3 series, but I finally gave in and watched the trailer. It looks amazing . Just the picture looks so much better than it does in the first few series.

For those of you who have seen all of the series--could I skip the fourth series without missing too much?

Yes, you can.  The 4th series with Donna Noble wasn't all that great,  in my  opinion.  The only exception to that  are the two episodes  titled  "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the dead"  you HAVE  to watch those ones.  It's where the doctor meets River,  for the LAST time.   It's a timey wimey...wibbly wobbly....thing.  And that sonic screwdriver is FANTABULOUS!!!  Then the last two episodes--THE STOLEN EARTH  and  JOURNEY'S END you have to watch too.  Captain Jack makes a reappearance.   

HOWEVER--the 4th series as it's listed did not end with the regeneration of ten into eleven.  THAT  happened in a christmas special which aired well after the 13 episodes of season 4  were over.  The episode you want to watch, then,  is called  THE END OF TIME  parts 1 and 2.   That aired Christmas of 2009.   It['s only  after that,  that you can start to enjoy season 5,  which starts with the eleventh doctor, as played by Matt Smith.   Hope this helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 9, 2012 6:29 am  #76

Well, I sort of disagree with Skitty on this one. I liked series 4 more than 2-3 and 5, because I really love the Doctor-Donna relationship, it shows a different side to the doctor. I guess it is a matter of taste.
But I do agree that Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead are the best episodes. Plus, the Doctor's behavior in the library always reminds me of Sherlock (or, originally, the other way around).

I didn't care much for the specials after that, they are very cheesy in parts and you can tell that they were written for the holiday seaon. Nonetheless, there are some great scenes in End of Time as well.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 9, 2012 7:43 am  #77

Oh, yes, as Kitty says. You can skip series 4 except Silence in the library, Forest of the dead and the two parts of The end of time (John Simm!!! )

And I would say, you should also watch Midnight, I loved that episode, though it's not that important for the story.

August 9, 2012 11:15 am  #78

Nah, watch the whole series. There are million of these tiny moments that make it great, plus, you want to experience what little of the 10th that is left. He will all too soon be gone!

August 9, 2012 12:34 pm  #79

For those of you who don't venture to other threads (eg the Mark Gatiss tweets one)

Mark Gatiss to script drama about the creation of Doctor Who

The 50th anniversary of Doctor Who will be marked by BBC2 next year with a drama chronicling the beginnings of the show, scripted by Sherlock co-writer Mark Gatiss.

An Adventure in Time and Space – the original subtitle to the show which began on 23 November 1963 starring William Hartnell – will be executive produced by Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat, who works with Gatiss on Sherlock, and BBC Wales' Caroline Skinner.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 8:16 pm  #80

@skitty, hypergreenfrog, Irene, and the Doctor- Thanks! I'll definitely watch the Slience in the Library arc and the finale arc. I'll probably go back and watch the rest later when I'm Doctor Who deprived and missing the tenth

@kazza--It looks interesting. I hope it will be good...

Board footera