BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2015 9:31 pm  #21

Re: Posting guidelines for the forum

I don't like rules in forums either, which is why I never implimented any here. That always used to put me off on other forums if there was an entire topic of 'terms and conditions' that you had to read first before you started posting. Especially things like 'no swearing' (because that's just fucking stupid). I'm sure common sense can take care of most problems and avoid the need for rules in the first place.

Has something been kicking off in the fan fic thread then? It's not one I frequent particularly regularly...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 11, 2015 9:39 pm  #22

In the light of that common sense and responsibility and naked humming, can I still sugest some non-strict posting "rules" for this forum? Like:

If a post in a thread is an actual response on another post and by posting it in another thread a connection between two posts is lost, it should not be considered off-topic, even if it deals with things outside the actual thread it is in.

Posting an actual content of the thread or a reaction on another post in a discussion takes precedence over policing other members posts and kicking them from the thread for being off-topic (if the content of their posts is not a personal attack or some insulting stuff).

If the rules of the thread are not specificaly mentioned or defined by a thread-starter (= are just someone´s headcanon), the members should not be accused of being "undecorous" by breaking them.

I believe observing these "rules" would not hurt the forum or suck the fun from it. Just the opposite.  

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 11, 2015 10:11 pm  #23

for the naked humming around bonfire,count me in only during the summer months please

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

February 11, 2015 10:15 pm  #24

But it's always warm and cosy as long as you're close to the fire.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 11, 2015 11:18 pm  #25

Titania wrote:

for the naked humming around bonfire,count me in only during the summer months please

To each his own.
Naked bonfire humming and dancing is strictly a personal choice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 8, 2016 9:01 am  #26

I don't like loads of rules in forums, it makes them boring. I rather have the occasional clash with someone and smooth it over.

Board footera