BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2015 10:05 pm  #1

BAFTA's 2015

Both Benedict and Martin are attending the BAFTA's this weekend!

http://bafta-film.tumblr.com/post/110057940706/attendees-list-2015

Does anyone know if it will be streamed somewhere? 
If I remember correctly I watched a live feed last year...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 5, 2015 3:28 am  #2

Re: BAFTA's 2015

Gosh, I really do hope that Benedict (and anyone associated with the Imitation Game) wins something at the BAFTAs.  I know there isn't a huge chance that he will (if he did it would really make my heart sing!!) but perhaps the movie itself will snag something.  It will really help give the film more of a boxoffice boost and keep Turing's presence in the current news.

Am I right in assuming that Sherlock wasn't nominated this year because of its broadcast date?

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 5, 2015 8:02 am  #3

Ah-chie wrote:

Am I right in assuming that Sherlock wasn't nominated this year because of its broadcast date?

-Val

As far as I know this are the movie BAFTA's. The BAFTA's for television will be in May, I think. I suppose Sherlock will be nominated then as they weren't last year due to the broadcasting date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 5, 2015 4:51 pm  #4

Thanks for the info!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 5, 2015 6:12 pm  #5

There wasn't a Bafta thread before yesterday. How careless! 

I'm excited, mainly because Stephen Fry is hosting. He should host everything, and I'm sure he'll find a way to mention Ben here and there. 
Cool that Martin will be there, too.

@Ah-chie: the dare was the reason why they didn't get a nomination for the TV Bafta? I didn't know that. I just thought the Bafta people ignores them because they are too successful (international)

Last edited by Ivy (February 5, 2015 6:18 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 5, 2015 8:42 pm  #6

I can't wait!!
Stephen Fry is amazing, and he's also amazing at hosting!!

And I JUST realized my favourite TV channel here is showing it live (sadly with some commentary from some annoying guys)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 5, 2015 9:08 pm  #7

"Sherlock" aired in January 2014. This year the awards for 2014 will be given so if the show gets nominated, it will happen this year. The ceremony will be held on 10 May. The nominees have not been announced yet so there is hope. 

On a personal note - if Benedict gets nominated for Sherlock as well and again does not win either at the film or tv BAFTAs (which would not surprise me) I would be really upset. Because this would mean 6 nominations without a win plus having not even been nominated for "Parade's End". No offense, but I still do not understand how they could give awards to Martin and Andrew and not to him. Rant over. 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 5, 2015 9:09 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 5, 2015 9:50 pm  #8

Thanks for clarifying that, Susi. I think BBC should show series 3 again before that, so the Bafta folks get a reminder how good it was.

----------

February 5, 2015 10:02 pm  #9

Yes, it is quite a long time since it aired. I could not find out when the nominations will be announced. With the film BAFTAs it was about a month before the ceremony. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2015 7:15 am  #10

I  don't have high hopes for TIG or Benedict, although I would love TIG to finally win SOMETHING. Tyldum didn't get nomination, did he? If they get completely snubbed again, any chance for Oscars is gone, I suppose.
Susi, and what if Keira wins supporting and Benedict looses leading actor? (Now I don't think it could happen, but...)

February 6, 2015 8:10 am  #11

Well, nothing really surprises me at the BAFTAs anymore. We will possibly see Eddie Redmayne win for Hawking while Benedict did not. 

February 6, 2015 7:49 pm  #12

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, it is quite a long time since it aired. I could not find out when the nominations will be announced. With the film BAFTAs it was about a month before the ceremony. 

http://awards.bafta.org/sites/default/files/images/british_academy_television_awards_rulebook_2015.pdf

----------

February 6, 2015 9:11 pm  #13

Thank you, Ivy. 

February 6, 2015 9:53 pm  #14

Nice!!!

February 7, 2015 6:50 pm  #15

Stephen Fry talks about Benedict and Alan Turing etc

http://bcove.me/rwyrw4dq

----------

February 8, 2015 1:23 am  #16

Not sure if this has been posted, but Sherlockology says the movie BAFTAs are tomorrow (Sunday) at 9pm on BBC1 

Last edited by kittykat (February 8, 2015 1:24 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 8, 2015 11:36 am  #17

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 8, 2015 4:16 pm  #18

That's why we are here. 

You can watch the Red Carpet on BBC 3 at 8.30 p.m.

I usually watch UK TV on filmon, if someone needs a link

----------

February 8, 2015 6:24 pm  #19

http://www.bafta.org/film/awards/red-carpet-live

They're on the red carpet already... Ben already gave an interview 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 8, 2015 6:27 pm  #20

The Livestream of the Red Carpet is on btw http://www.bafta.org/film/awards/red-carpet-live

Andrew looks very handsome, too.

Last edited by Ivy (February 8, 2015 6:29 pm)

----------

Board footera