BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2015 8:58 pm  #1121

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Okay okay. I have trust in your trust then :-)

Although the idea of an victorian Reichenbach fall is really something I don't want to indulge in... @A lovely light

"It is what it is."

January 30, 2015 10:36 pm  #1122

Whisky, you are not the only one who isn't completely over the moon about this whole Victorian idea. I'm trying really hard to be enthusiastic about it, but so far without much success. And just like you I find this quite unsettling. I look at these setlock pics and I'm just thinking 'Okay, nice... somehow'... but that's basically it. I agree, there is so much Victorian Sherlock out there already, and the reason I fell in love with BBC Sherlock is that it's not another Victorian version, but something new, different, modern. Now, I'm pretty sure that the Mofftiss' Victorian version will also be different from all the other Victorian Sherlocks, but still... gosh, I don't know.

This idea however just blew my mind:

A lovely light wrote:

Iff they cover all 9 episodes as a dream in victorian times?  ( i am so no prepared to see a new Reichenbach fall.....)

This would be amazing. Truly amazing. Don't ask me why, but this would be so crazy...! I'd love it. Seeing Sherlock and John meet for the very first time again, seeing the Reichenbach Fall all over again... wow. What a crazy ride this could be.

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 30, 2015 10:37 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 30, 2015 11:19 pm  #1123

I know that Moftiss live to give us what we never expected.  I'm counting on that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 31, 2015 7:43 am  #1124

Even if it is just an episode set in Victorian times, I'd be very happy with that.  I seem to remember a thread a while back about doing a period version, but can't find it.  Anyway, I thought I'd love to see a period version, but didn't want to miss any of the modern versions.   Doing it as a special is just the way I would have wanted it IF they planned to do it.  It would leave the Mary cliffhanger for longer, which again is fine - I was hoping that would be resolved quickly, but I'm happy to focus on something other than Mary. 

The problem is that IF this is a one off period piece, with Mary included but the cliffhanger not resolved, then however Mary is in this episode will become canon Victorian BBC Sherlock.   I mean, if they make her into a baddie or a goodie (and unless they concentrate on her story, I suspect she'll be a goodie) she'll always be that in that time, because there's no way to resolve that in the future, the way they could in the modern episodes. 

But probably they're doing something much more clever than just a period episode. 

January 31, 2015 10:38 am  #1125

I am still wondering about the scene on the cemetery with Martin and Amanda in HLV costumes. Of course it could be a frame story but I would not put it beyond them that it is a red herring or a scene for series 4. So far it has been the only thing in modern dress. Of course they could have John and Mary visit the cemetery, stop in front of a grave and delve into a Victorian flashback but to me this somehow does not fit what we have seen from setlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2015 3:44 pm  #1126

More M@J in modern costume yesterday...and Mycroft in costume!
Confusing.....but 

February 1, 2015 4:12 pm  #1127

I think the victorian things could all be a mind palace/halucination thing... and that would work with a modern frame setting... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 1, 2015 8:17 pm  #1128

Going to setlock in Bath tomorrow guys. I'll be live tweeting and posting pics and updates on my Twitter - @believeinsh2012. Feel free to repost anything here, including pictures. VERY EXCITED!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 1, 2015 8:30 pm  #1129

Have fun, boss! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2015 8:47 pm  #1130

Have a great time!!

*tries not to be jealous*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 1, 2015 8:50 pm  #1131

Following you on Twitter now, Boss! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 1, 2015 10:58 pm  #1132

I am utterly green with envy.  

We'll all be there with you in spirit boss!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 2, 2015 7:56 am  #1133

Have a lot of fun, boss.

And ... Wow! Damned good looking!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 2, 2015 8:45 am  #1134

Oh, wow, envious! Enjoy!

And that John-pic is awesome!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 2, 2015 10:55 am  #1135

This looks so surreal... 221B in the middle of the street? This can't be real.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 2, 2015 10:56 am  #1136

Well, they once had Sherlock's bed on a meadow. 

February 2, 2015 11:00 am  #1137

That's what I was thinking, Susi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

February 2, 2015 11:05 am  #1138

Yeah, and that wasn't real, was it? 

February 2, 2015 11:16 am  #1139

So it means, Sherlock will be drugged again?

(Tony Hadley)

February 2, 2015 12:20 pm  #1140

If the Victorian part is a hallucination, then it kind of makes sense. It could be like the end of Wizard of Oz:

"And you were there...and you were there..." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera