BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2015 6:21 pm  #1481

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Wonderful fic. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2015 6:16 pm  #1482

tonnaree wrote:

Has anyone read this?  2 parts so far and they are very long.  Would really like to get an opinion.

Sketchy byserpentynka
[quote888]http://archiveofourown.org/works/1090850/chapters/2195550

[/quote888]

I made it to chapter 14 now, and I must say that it has a veeeeeeery slow build. Like when they finally revealed their feelings for each other in chapter 13 (I think), they agree that they would love to kiss each other. And John is like,

Great idea. I also want to kiss you, but I'd rather take a walk first.

And Sherlock:

Okay, see you later.

It might be a tad too slow for me.
 [/quote888]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 30, 2015 6:26 pm  #1483

But it's still not as slow as the actual show! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 30, 2015 6:36 pm  #1484

True.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 2, 2015 5:29 am  #1485

To be Loved by You[/url] (28775 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/TwisterMelody]TwisterMelody
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, Mary Morstan/John Watson
Additional Tags: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Emotional Hurt/Comfort, Infidelity, Pining, Friends to Lovers, First Time, Romance, Character Death, Post-His Last Vow, Episode: s03e03 His Last Vow, Fix-It, Post-Season/Series 03, Canon Compliant
Summary:

This one is lovely. It has a very interesting take on the Watson marriage and one of the most touching declarations of love that is perfectly in character for both of them. It is building slow, but not too slow. (No going for a walk on your own between declaring love and snogging.

Love declaration:

Sherlock sighs in contentment. "Shame on you, John Watson," he says, a hint of a smirk in his voice.

His voice is hoarse from sleep as he asks, "Shame on me?"

"Mm. You, lying unclothed in my bed. What will the neighbors think?"

A slow, encompassing smile spreads across John's face. "They'll think I'm in love with you."

Sherlock goes worryingly silent. "Would they be right?"

"They would."

Last edited by Schmiezi (February 2, 2015 5:32 am)

February 2, 2015 8:11 am  #1486

I fully second your recommendation. I liked it very much including the declaration of love. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 2, 2015 8:55 am  #1487

Two Coffees One Black One With Sugar Please (Words: 25419)
by Linpatootie

A series consisting of four parts with a slow and warm developing of Sherlock and John's relationship. It starts with a sleep experiment from Sherlock, and sort of takes off from there. A really funny, warm and lovely story. Not too slow as the story itself isn't that long. Each part of the series is only one chapter and the series has 25000 words in total. But a lovely feel-good fic with a great take on their starting relationship, I think.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 2, 2015 9:19 am  #1488

A classic, right 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 2, 2015 1:14 pm  #1489

Vhanja wrote:

Two Coffees One Black One With Sugar Please (Words: 25419)
by Linpatootie

This is the fic that turned me into a Johnlocker. I love it. <3

February 2, 2015 1:18 pm  #1490

Have you ever been a no locker, Schmiezi?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 2, 2015 4:54 pm  #1491

Definitely not. I thought it was all bromance. But I loved fan fics.

So first, I read all fan fics with them being good friends - that didn't take long because I soon discovered that those which topuched me most were case fics with Johnlock. So next, I read about those cases, skipping the explicit Johnlock parts, treating it like necessary evil. Then I came across "Two coffees ..." and along with John, I was also convinced that Johnlock is something wonderful.

Funny sidenote: When I was writing "Soldiering on ..." I was sure I was writing bromance, not pre-slash. Actually, Susi understood it a lot faster than me.

Last edited by Schmiezi (February 2, 2015 4:55 pm)

February 2, 2015 4:58 pm  #1492

Well, I read your Soldering On ... just recently for the first time and had forgotten about the pre-slash, so I expected something johnlocky to happen any moment on each page 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 2, 2015 5:02 pm  #1493

Harriet wrote:

Well, I read your Soldering On ... just recently for the first time and had forgotten about the pre-slash, so I expected something johnlocky to happen any moment on each page

This is exactly what I felt when beta-reading. 

February 2, 2015 5:23 pm  #1494

SusiGo wrote:

Harriet wrote:

This is exactly what I felt when beta-reading. 

And you've told me so every now and then, and I was always like, "Noooooo way!"
It has always been there, deep down inside my romantic little heart, I guess.

February 2, 2015 5:39 pm  #1495

Yes. You only had to let it roam free. 

February 2, 2015 5:41 pm  #1496

Actually, besides of a lovely fic it was quite a disappointing experience 

February 2, 2015 5:43 pm  #1497

Plus the hankies and buckets used by me. 

February 2, 2015 5:44 pm  #1498

SusiGo wrote:

And roaming free it does.
(And how it is roaming. Not Broken has more than 9,400 hits already and 377 kudos.)

Edit because apparently it is possible for a nine months old to cause chaos by pressing random buttons on mummy's laptop while she tries to post stuff.

Last edited by Schmiezi (February 2, 2015 5:47 pm)

February 2, 2015 6:03 pm  #1499

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

And roaming free it does.
(And how it is roaming. Not Broken has more than 9,400 hits already and 377 kudos.)

Edit because apparently it is possible for a nine months old to cause chaos by pressing random buttons on mummy's laptop while she tries to post stuff.

Baby Schmiezi totally ships it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 2, 2015 6:05 pm  #1500

OSAJ Youth Department 

Board footera