BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2015 6:36 pm  #521

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2014

BTW, there are still some fics that are not part of the Collection on AO3. Is it on purpose?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 4, 2015 7:10 pm  #522

I know La Jolie is offline for a while. Don't know about anyone else. 

January 4, 2015 9:30 pm  #523

How do I get my fic to be part of this? Do I need to tag who I wrote it for when I upload it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 5, 2015 1:13 pm  #524

Actually I'm not on AO3, can I upload anyway?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 5, 2015 1:39 pm  #525

no. But you can give me your mail adress (once more), so I can invite you to AO3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 5, 2015 1:41 pm  #526

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

How do I get my fic to be part of this? Do I need to tag who I wrote it for when I upload it?

At the end of your own work, where you can find the kudos, there is a button called "Add to collection". Follow the link, the rest will be explained.

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 5, 2015 2:31 pm)

January 5, 2015 1:42 pm  #527

Right, will pm you later.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 8, 2015 8:12 am  #528

Whoops, you're all so quick. I was only on holiday, not actively boycotting your collection, Schmiezi!

Since some people said they'd much prefer reading a long story on AO3 rather than in white-on-black: I've started putting "Variations on a Classic Theme" up on AO3 now, and it should be complete by the weekend.

Which reminds me to say another big THANK YOU to our tech wizard Harriet who worked out the automatic HTML/BBCode conversion for us. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I'd rather have dropped out of the challenge altogether than have to do the conversion for my fic by hand. It would have taken DAYS that were now so much better employed reading all you other people's wonderful stuff!

Last edited by La Jolie (January 8, 2015 8:13 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

January 8, 2015 6:41 pm  #529

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked with not too much complications 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2015 2:38 pm  #530

Schmiezi wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

At the end of your own work, where you can find the kudos, there is a button called "Add to collection". Follow the link, the rest will be explained.

You won't believe it. I finally posted it. And added it to the compilation. Need a while to appear there?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 27, 2015 2:46 pm  #531

Needs to be "approved" by Schmiezi, just so no other fics but the Secret Santa ones get put in the collection.

Oh, and while I'm here - Boss, are you reading this? Because I'd be so happy if you put the fic you wrote for me on to AO3 as well. I'd love to leave kudos, and a review, bookmark it, and then invite you to add it to the BBC Sherlock for Canon Addicts collection, all of which requires that you put it on there in the first place!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

January 27, 2015 6:50 pm  #532

La Jolie wrote:

Needs to be "approved" by Schmiezi, just so no other fics but the Secret Santa ones get put in the collection.

Done. It just takes some time before it shows up.

Board footera