BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2015 7:06 pm  #1061

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

But in answer to your question...maybe the real Moriarty is a time traveller, who went back in time to the Victorian era and swapped with his suicidal identical twin who had been wanting to kill himself for a while and therefore was actually the one who shot himself on the rooftop. In order to put a stop to Moriarty once and for all, Sherlock and the Gang have to travel back in time to 1800s.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 26, 2015 7:07 pm  #1062

Goodness, I hope they don't start with time travel and stuff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 7:23 pm  #1063

Is this when I say I've been sitting for a few hours with my toy replica gun in my mouth trying to figure out if you could shoot yourself through the mouth and survive? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 26, 2015 7:36 pm  #1064

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Is this when I say I've been sitting for a few hours with my toy replica gun in my mouth trying to figure out if you could shoot yourself through the mouth and survive? 

Nothing wrong with a bit of research, I guess XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 26, 2015 7:44 pm  #1065

Loudest-subtext-in-television has quite a simple explanation. Moriarty shakes Sherlock's hand which is a sign for a waiting sniper. Moriarty has a blood bag attached to his collar or back of neck. His puts the unloaded gun in his mouth and the moment he pulls the trigger the sniper shoots the bag. We never see his shattered skull, he just falls back and there is blood under his head. Sherlock does not even take his pulse or checks in any way if Moriarty is truly dead. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2015 7:49 pm  #1066

SusiGo wrote:

Loudest-subtext-in-television has quite a simple explanation. Moriarty shakes Sherlock's hand which is a sign for a waiting sniper. Moriarty has a blood bag attached to his collar or back of neck. His puts the unloaded gun in his mouth and the moment he pulls the trigger the sniper shoots the bag. We never see his shattered skull, he just falls back and there is blood under his head. Sherlock does not even take his pulse or checks in any way if Moriarty is truly dead.

I'm not an expert on this (then again: who is?), but I would think that such a bag  - or better: its contents - would visibly 'explode' in all kinds of directions when a sniper shoots it.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 26, 2015 7:49 pm  #1067

I actually like your theory a lot... there was no brain splatter either... it would also go with this theory. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 26, 2015 7:56 pm  #1068

No idea if it really works. But it would not be the first time that there remains a certain doubt. Think of the killing method in TSoT or the big blue cushion plan in TEH. 

Apart from that I could accept and maybe would prefer a truly dead Moriarty (although I have grown accustomed to the idea that he might be alive). Just trying to explain how it might have worked. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2015 10:22 am  #1069

I'd prefer the older sequences to be some kind of dream/mind palace scene than for time travel to be involved.
That would be too like Dr Who!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

January 27, 2015 2:30 pm  #1070

I really would prefer him to be dead. I mean really, how many faked deaths can we have in one TV show?? It almost becomes like a running joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 27, 2015 3:53 pm  #1071

That would be my preference also.  I think if he's really alive it harms the emotional arc of TRF.

And I mostly think that he is really dead.  With all their "of course he's dead" statements I think the creators are trying to play a sort of triple bluff on us.  They knew we'd have a fit at the end of S3 when Moriarty showed up but then when he does turn out to be really dead  they can double back and say "we told you, why didn't you believeus"? 

They are such trolls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 28, 2015 11:22 am  #1072

Victorian Baker Street is meanwhile being eagerly prepared for its mysterious usage:

Meanwhile in Bristol:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 28, 2015 11:26 am  #1073

Thank you for the amazing pics. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 28, 2015 11:26 am)

January 28, 2015 12:05 pm  #1074

What great pictures!! Thank you, nakahara! I seriously wonder who the two actors are, you can't really see their faces.
And another thing: when using this set of Baker street they cannot wear coats, right? So it looks like they're indoors. They must be chilled to their bones, poor lambs....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 28, 2015 12:07 pm  #1075

The man in last pic looks like a bobby to me. And is this a wedding dress the woman is wearing? Or just a white dress with a veil? 

Mrshouse: I suppose if they really film outside pretending to be inside their teeth will be chattering. Like Benedict's when they filmed TEH. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 28, 2015 12:09 pm)

January 28, 2015 12:11 pm  #1076

But they won't move the set into a hangar or something?

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 28, 2015 12:34 pm  #1077

It's a shame no one is very excited about the special.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 28, 2015 12:41 pm  #1078

We are all calm and indifferent as usual. 

January 28, 2015 12:44 pm  #1079

I am so indifferent I would camp somewhere near the set constantly if I lived in the UK.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 28, 2015 12:48 pm  #1080

I find all your lack of interest disturbing....

Board footera