BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2015 10:16 pm  #1

CBS News interview

This was posted this morning--I'm not sure on which CBS News show this aired, but the CBS News website has an article and clips from an interview Benedict did with Ben Tracy on their website.

Last edited by REReader (January 22, 2015 10:16 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 22, 2015 10:41 pm  #2

Re: CBS News interview

Oh - thank you so much for posting this link!

The part about "the cup of tea" was soooo precious (and soooo right on the spot!).  He's adorable!  I love how he says "teeeea"!

The ending of that bit (the last video link titled "Two Things Benedict Cumberbatch Thinks Americans Need to Learn") was also interesting, when the fellow said to Cumberbatch (with his specific suggested improvements to the way the Americans don't know how to poach eggs or make a cup of "teeeea") that he supposed Benedict wouldn't be moving to LA any time soon and Benedict said jokingly "Well if I am I bringing the whole tea set with (laugh)... no, of course not... "

And that's where they ended it!!  I saw a few weeks ago I think that some real estate outfit had said he had put an offer on a house in LA and he was moving to America soon.  Sounds like that another "internet rumour" that was just squashed.  Obviously although he enjoys working and coming to America, his home and heart is solidly in Britain!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 22, 2015 11:09 pm  #3

Ah-chie wrote:

Sounds like that another "internet rumour" that was just squashed.  Obviously although he enjoys working and coming to America, his home and heart is solidly in Britain!

-Val 

That was my first thought about that comment too! (And I, too, loved the veddy British complaint about American teeeeea-making--unfortunately, if you are talking about restaurants and the like, he is 100% correct!)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 22, 2015 11:42 pm  #4

Here in Canada (because of our solid British roots for a goodly portion of the country) tea making is treated with a lot of seriousness as well.  Dan's mom is from Cape Breton Island (with her mother's side coming also from Newfoundland - British colony until 1907 and didn't join Canada until 1949) and boy oh boy does she ever take making tea seriously!!!  Luckily I can make a "really good pot of tea" so we get along fine!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

Board footera