BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2015 11:22 pm  #1

Ben is on NPR "Fresh Air" Wednesday Jan. 21/15

Just thought some of you would like to know that BC will be the featured guest on NPR's interview programme "Fresh Air" on Wednesday January 21/15.  He will of course be talking about TIG.

Fresh Air is usually done by the incomparable Terry Gross but unfortunately this week she is off so it probably  won't be her doing the interview (unless it was done ahead of time) - but whoever it is interviewing him no doubt it will be still very good (National Public Radio is a quality outfit and will be thorough and thoughtful in its approach). 

Here's a link that you can access the show after 3:00 pm EST the day of the broadcast...

http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/

I'll check back at that time to make sure the link works.

Should be a great interview (about a half hour in length).

Check it out.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 20, 2015 11:37 pm  #2

Re: Ben is on NPR "Fresh Air" Wednesday Jan. 21/15

Oh, excellent! Thanks for the link!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 21, 2015 7:05 pm  #3

I found this link to the interview, earlier than I thought, so I thought I would pass it on here...

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=378660368&m=378874734

As I thought it wasn't Terry Gross but the fellow who did the interview is excellent.  They cover a wide range of topics in the half hour interview (some of it about Sherlock, Smag, BC's career and of course TIG). 

Enjoy!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

January 21, 2015 7:25 pm  #4

I haven't had time to listen to it yet, but they have some bits quoted on their website here, as well as the player. The quoted bits bear out a good interview!

January 21, 2015 7:34 pm  #5

I just finished listening to the entire interview and was very pleased with it.  The beginning segment goes inton TIG quite a bit and later segments cover a wide variety of topics like his voice and experience doing Smaug (he does do a bit of the "voice" and explains that it is actually painful for him to do it), what it is like being famous, working with Martin, transforming himself into Julian Assange and other interesting tidbits. 

Really lovely overall.

And of course it is so comforting just hearing his melodious, rumbling voice fill my parlour for 30 minutes!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

January 21, 2015 8:27 pm  #6

Ah-chie wrote:

I just finished listening to the entire interview and was very pleased with it.  The beginning segment goes inton TIG quite a bit and later segments cover a wide variety of topics like his voice and experience doing Smaug (he does do a bit of the "voice" and explains that it is actually painful for him to do it), what it is like being famous, working with Martin, transforming himself into Julian Assange and other interesting tidbits. 

Really lovely overall.

And of course it is so comforting just hearing his melodious, rumbling voice fill my parlour for 30 minutes!

-Val

ITA!

And he tells how he found out he needs glasses (nope, not fakes!).

Board footera