BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2015 2:40 pm  #1

Other Adaptations BBC Peter Cushing and Nigel Stock

i do like this BBC version got the dvd set recently i liked Cushing in the Hammer Hound of the Baskervilles and enjoyed his performance in this version

It's a palace.He said it was a palace, Yeah, well, he would, wouldn't he?

January 20, 2015 9:01 am  #2

Re: Other Adaptations BBC Peter Cushing and Nigel Stock

I've a,ways considered Peter Cushing to be a very fine actor and an all round gentleman too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 20, 2015 12:38 pm  #3

Peter Cushing got a great mention on QI about a song by the jellybottys "Peter Cushing lives in Whitstable"

January 20, 2015 1:09 pm  #4

The Hound of Baskervilles with Peter Cushing wasn´t exactly my cup of tea, the story was too sensationalised for my taste. But I immensely enjoyed Peter´s Sherlock in a TV series, from which a few episodes are still available at youtube - for example "The Study in Scarlett" and "Blue Carbuncle". He was fantastic there, the very epitome of a great detective. I also remember him acting as an elderly Sherlock in the creepy movie "Masks of Death" and he was quite outstanding as SH even at that age.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 20, 2015 2:57 pm  #5

thanks nakahara found "masks of death" on youtube

Board footera