BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2015 5:41 pm  #1

Twin moriarty

I am so angry about this Moriarty is dead and should stay dead. They are thinking about Moriarity having a twin and that who is the "did you miss me" they are even thinking of making his twin a girl!!! ugh luckily they have some time to think this over because they haven't even started filming series 4. I swear this is the only show I am and will be patient with. Benedic Cumberbatch is an amazing actor and whatever he does is a success, so I think even if they make a terrible story aout Moriarty, Benedict, will make it come alive and worth watching every single second. i guess i shouldn't freak out until they actually start filming and those rumors come out.

she was clever clever yes

January 13, 2015 8:32 pm  #2

Re: Twin moriarty

You probably shouldn't freak out at all, dear! And going and insulting the creators of the TV show this forum is about is probably not the best start here.

Relax, enjoy the show and stop being angry at people for being creative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 13, 2015 9:32 pm  #3

Well, according to canon, Moriarty has two brothers (both called James, due to some negligence on Doyle´s part).

Moriarty´s brothers planning revenge on Sherlock is not a new idea either. A pastiche called "Execution of Sherlock Holmes" written by Donald Serrell Thomas toys with the idea of Moriarty´s and Milverton´s brothers kidnapping Sherlock, accusing him of shooting Charles Augustus Milverton and holding a fake court case over him, so that they can psychologically torture him and hang him as a "criminal" later... so it was done before, in a quite ingenious manner and it can happen again. 

Last edited by nakahara (January 13, 2015 9:33 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2015 9:31 pm  #4

I understand that you may fear a "WTF" explanation for Moriarty's return (if he does return, of course). I'm often annoyed with TV shows or movies where "creativity" is a poor excuse for deus ex machina. But that should not happen in Sherlock, hopefully.
Despite some potholes, I like this particular show precisely because the scenarii are really goods.

And about Moriarty himself, I'm really missing him, actually! Although it took some time to grow accustomed to Andrew Scott's performance, now I find him wonderful and missed him the whole season 3...

--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!

Board footera