BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2015 4:09 pm  #41

Re: What is the "final problem"?

No I tend to think Moriarty's suicide was a complete surprise to Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 17, 2015 4:18 pm  #42

I wonder if his suicide was part of one of the 13 possibilities they had calculated. It must have, otherwise they couldn't have gone through with Lazarus.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 17, 2015 5:04 pm  #43

Maybe not his suicide, but his not being present at the scene (maybe they anticipated a phone call instead of him showing up personally?) had to one of the 13 possibilities. Moriarty not being able to watch Sherlock jump was vital for Lazarus. Lazarus focuses solely on fooling John. Anyone else present at the scene at any position other that John’s at any given point in time during the execution of Lazarus would have been able to see the blue cushion. If Moriarty’s suicide was not anticipated, Lazarus was actually a very unlikely scenario. Lazarus only works if Moriarty can neither see what happens after Sherlock jumps off the roof – blue cushion - , nor be able to contact the sniper threatening John – silenced by Mycroft.

Then again, one other scenary included "Baritsu".

Last edited by Lola Red (January 17, 2015 5:08 pm)

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 17, 2015 5:53 pm  #44

Yes, the plan would be laughable if there was any chance that Moriarty could have seen it. (I suspect Lazarus was the main plan at that point - so many people on the ground had to be ready to do it efficiently and although Sherlock and Mycroft could keep loads of plans in their heads, I doubt that the rest of the team could).  Moriarty had to be killed or incapacitated to avoid any chance of him looking over the edge.   In fact, if he'd been alive he'd probably have seen Sherlock suspiciously sending a text to Mycroft!  I'm pretty sure that Moriarty's death was planned, and the text confirmed that he was dead. 

Would love to have seen the Baritsu version!

January 18, 2015 1:48 pm  #45

If anybody's interested: link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

January 18, 2015 2:23 pm  #46

Holy Mary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 18, 2015 3:05 pm  #47

Great work putting all that together, but it seems way, way too complicated to be realistic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera