BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2015 9:41 am  #121

Re: The Purple Shirt

ancientsgate wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

And the shirt was never THAT purple on my screen either).

Much too classy to be purple anyway. It was *eggplant*. lololol

The Eggplant Shirt of Sex.. hm.. nah. 

I missed the more "dramatic" colours of Sherlock´s clothes in S3.. much more subdued ones, camel, bordeaux-red and Cambridge-blue in this one. It fits his characterization, but.. aw. *nostalgic sigh*

January 8, 2015 9:45 am  #122

I never knew that in the English language there is the word eggplant at all! In the German language we say " Aubergine", "Eierpflanze" is mainly Austrian dialect.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 8, 2015 12:45 pm  #123

mrshouse wrote:

I never knew that in the English language there is the word eggplant at all! In the German language we say " Aubergine", "Eierpflanze" is mainly Austrian dialect.

I believe aubergine is the French word for eggplant. Americans use the aubergine word for the color, but the veggie is eggplant, so I probably should have said aubergine, rather than eggplant. Would the aubergine shirt of sex sound better?  Probably.  lol 

January 8, 2015 2:16 pm  #124

In Norway we say aubergine as well, but I knew the word eggplant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2015 2:40 pm  #125

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2015 3:05 pm  #126

Haha, that was cute!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2015 5:14 pm  #127

In the UK we say aubergine...but we know it's also called an egg plant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2015 10:37 pm  #128

Also, I the shirt had a quick appereance in TSoT, in the first scene regarding John's middle name, when Sherlock walks into the living rom with his mouth full of cigarettes. It could also be the one he's wearing when the three of them look at the wedding invitation and John complains about his middle name being there, but that shirt looks a bit more red, so I'm not sure if it's just the lighting in that scene or if it is the same shirt.

Yes, this is important stuff.

Team Hudders!

January 25, 2015 8:07 pm  #129

The purple shirt is very, very important!

I managed to get a good 'look alike' shirt for my Halloween cosplay... it was even straining on the buttons on my chest! *giggles* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 3, 2015 1:42 pm  #130

Sammy wrote:

The Purple Shirt of Sex is Sex!

I'm pretty sure he has another one, though. Please. Or he will buy a new Purple Shirt of Sex that looks just like the old Purple Shirt of Sex. Yes.
When his time comes and he dies for real, he will be buried in The Purple Shirt of Sex and his Belstaff coat. Yup.

I disagree on this. His time will never come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 3, 2015 2:09 pm  #131

Lily wrote:

Just wondering if you've heard of this song? 

I hadn't heard this song before, it's BRILLIANT. Thank you for sharing

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 22, 2015 11:54 pm  #132

For science!

I just noticed that Sherlock wears the PSS when John asks him to be his best man.

Team Hudders!

March 23, 2015 1:44 am  #133

The Purple Shirt song was great, I had to laugh when she blushed at the mention of Sherlock taking his shirt off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2015 4:46 pm  #134

Now, people, this is important. I've found PSoS (I need one for a cosplay, so...)
The problem is that it's expensive (100€ -I can ignore that front well enough, no matter the consequences)...and available in size 6 and 12. Dammit, I needed only a size 10. Or possibly 8. Could have worked.
*goes sob grossly in a corner*

for anyone who might be interested, here's the link (website's in French, I'm afraid, but there should be a way to put it in English)
http://www.yoox.com/fr/38415647GK/item?dept=women#sts=sr_women80&cod10=38415647GK&sizeId=

April 1, 2015 4:55 pm  #135

Awww, so sorry for you 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 1, 2015 5:56 pm  #136

Thank you, Harriet. Not giving up just yet, though, I still roughly have three weeks to find the one...and one that fits!

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 1, 2015 5:59 pm)

Board footera