BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2015 4:43 pm  #1

BBC One 2015 trailer

And just look what's among the spotlighted shows:

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 1, 2015 5:33 pm  #2

Re: BBC One 2015 trailer

Thanks for posting, REReader.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 1, 2015 5:36 pm  #3

Ooooooh! Lovely spot that is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 2, 2015 6:57 pm  #4

What was that footage from? It's not new, is it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 2, 2015 7:00 pm  #5

I was thinking the same, was that new footage? Or perhaps they used deleted footage from S3 or something.

(Also... The Casual Vacancy? The J.K. Rowling book? Really? With no PR?)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 2, 2015 7:01 pm  #6

It is from HLV but the trailer as such is new. So we will get the special in 2015, I suppose. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2015 7:26 pm  #7

That means it's more likely to be shown around the Christmas period rather than the usual New Year's Day slot (which would push it over into 2016).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 2, 2015 9:52 pm  #8

As far as I know special will be shown in the end of this year and the rest of 4 season - at the beginning of 2016. Gosh, I've just realised how I miss this show, definitley need to re-watch it now

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

January 2, 2015 10:16 pm  #9

MartaSt wrote:

As far as I know special will be shown in the end of this year and the rest of 4 season - at the beginning of 2016. Gosh, I've just realised how I miss this show, definitley need to re-watch it now

I just don't see S4 airing at the beginning of 2016, how is that supposed to happen? When will they shoot three episodes? As we've seen with S3, they'd probably have to be done with shooting the last episode sometime around September, but Benedict won't be available then. He won't be available for quite a long time, come to think of it. I seriously doubt we'll get S4 before the summer of 2016 - and maybe not even then.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 2, 2015 10:29 pm  #10

The question is if they will be doing series 4 or Dr Strange first. But they will not manage to get series 4 ready for early 2016. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2015 10:33 pm  #11

My suspicion is that they came up with the Special because they knew they wouldn't be able to do three episodes for the beginning of 2016 and keep up with the two year rhythm. So they'll give us the Special about two years after S3 to give us something, and then they'll give us S3 after another year.

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 2, 2015 11:16 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 2, 2015 10:35 pm  #12

I think perhaps S4 won't be until maybe Summer next year?

Last edited by besleybean (January 2, 2015 10:36 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera