BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2014 5:29 pm  #1

Shercurls Speculation

With a January 6th shooting date, it is highly unlikely that Benedict will have his Shercurls back by then, unless he has a secret power to grow hair exceptionally quickly.

So, how do you think they will cope without them? Will it be built into the storyline somehow and if so, HOW? Maybe he'll wear a wig...or maybe...Sherlock won't be in the Sherlock Special!

Debate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 23, 2014 6:01 pm  #2

Re: Shercurls Speculation

He'd better be in it!   A change of hairstyle isn't a big deal in real life, but it is in Sherlock and we'd need a reason other than "had a haircut".   Going undercover would be an obvious one.  Or there could be some sort of flashback/flashforward (although I like to think he always had the curls.  He did as a child, and would have them in old age, probably).   I think I'd prefer natural hair (even if shorter) to a wig.  I think he only just gets away with dieing it in Sherlock, and a wig might be too obvious. 

December 23, 2014 6:28 pm  #3

I was thinking flasback myself. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 6:51 pm  #4

Hmm, theories can be plentyful:

Locks will be there but shorter than they usually are.

Moriarty´s cunning revenge. Sherlock will wake one day with shorn head.

An accident during the chemical experiment. Sherlock´s locks will be burned a bit so he would be forced to have them cut for a while.

Sherlock will not be there at all. Just as Moftiss decided that it was Sherlock himself who shot CAM even in the original story, they decided now that Sherlock didn´t really exist. John Watson just invented him out of boredom when he was changing diapers of his horde of babies he beget with women of three continents. The special will be all about John babysitting, Mary being pregnant again, them sitting in front of television and eating a nasty takeaway. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2014 8:00 pm  #5

nakahara wrote:

Sherlock will not be there at all. Just as Moftiss decided that it was Sherlock himself who shot CAM even in the original story, they decided now that Sherlock didn´t really exist. John Watson just invented him out of boredom when he was changing diapers of his horde of babies he beget with women of three continents. The special will be all about John babysitting, Mary being pregnant again, them sitting in front of television and eating a nasty takeaway. 

Sounds great, bring it on!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 23, 2014 8:03 pm  #6

I knew that the disaster version will turn out to be most popular. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2014 10:49 pm  #7

Hair extensions.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 23, 2014 10:57 pm  #8

nakahara wrote:

Hmm, theories can be plentyful:

Locks will be there but shorter than they usually are.

Moriarty´s cunning revenge. Sherlock will wake one day with shorn head.

An accident during the chemical experiment. Sherlock´s locks will be burned a bit so he would be forced to have them cut for a while.

Don't look now but I think nakarha is off her medication....................

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 24, 2014 4:24 pm  #9

That´s my default state, I´m afraid. 

Edit: What about some nice, psychedelic CGI hair?

Last edited by nakahara (December 24, 2014 4:26 pm)

July 23, 2015 10:25 am  #10

I could see they've styled Sherlock on the Strand's Sidney Paget illustrations. I prefer the curls but ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

July 23, 2015 1:36 pm  #11

Don't worry, folks: There will be 6 more months for his hair to grow. Maybe Ben could eat a lot of yeast ... It is said it helps the hair to grow :-). Side effect: it makes FAT!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

July 23, 2015 3:55 pm  #12

Benedict has longish hair now? He has ginger curls!  We're fine! (unless he cuts them after Hamlet of course )

October 8, 2015 2:28 pm  #13

He definitely doesn't need curls to look good in the Special...
I like it how he really looks like Sherlock even without curls. 

"It is what it is."

October 13, 2015 4:22 pm  #14

Whisky wrote:

I have to contradict: I insist on curls *ggg*

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

October 14, 2015 2:06 pm  #15

I have to say...I really enjoyed naturalbatch in Hamlet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 14, 2015 2:10 pm  #16

kornmuhme wrote:

Whisky wrote:

I have to contradict: I insist on curls *ggg*

I insist on curls too.

October 14, 2015 10:18 pm  #17

So you're saying he doesn't look good without curls?
that's all I was saying

"It is what it is."

October 15, 2015 12:16 am  #18

I insist upon curls for Sherlock.  With the exception of Victorian Sherlock because it seems appropriate.

I adore natural CurlyBatch but as far as other roles are concerned the hairsytle should fit the character.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 15, 2015 3:54 pm  #19

Love the curl toi

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

January 26, 2016 10:00 pm  #20

just confirming: he did look damn good without curls ;-)

"It is what it is."

Board footera