BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 21, 2014 10:05 pm  #3221

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Had not realised that there were no "Jokes"  in HLV.   I like this analysis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 21, 2014 10:09 pm  #3222

But were there jokes in TSOT? I think they stopped after TEH, didn't they?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 21, 2014 10:18 pm  #3223

Now that I think about it, I don't think there were.  There were many times it was implied but no one ever actually made a joke.   They just looked like a couple the whole episode!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 21, 2014 10:23 pm  #3224

Yes. So we can agree that after the "I'm not gay" at the beginning of TEH they gave up and got serious about it. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 21, 2014 10:35 pm  #3225

So this ties nicely up with what I've been thinking all along. It's the same story as some people believe about Frodo and Sam:

The authors never intenteded them to be gay, their intent was to portray them as really close friends and nothing more. But later analysis show that there are so many love tropes that the relationship can said to be romantic by definition (not necessarily sexual) even though that was not the intention from the creators.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 21, 2014 11:11 pm  #3226

Vhanja wrote:

So this ties nicely up with what I've been thinking all along. It's the same story as some people believe about Frodo and Sam:

The authors never intenteded them to be gay, their intent was to portray them as really close friends and nothing more. But later analysis show that there are so many love tropes that the relationship can said to be romantic by definition (not necessarily sexual) even though that was not the intention from the creators.

I think Moffit and Gatiss totally intended it.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 22, 2014 2:06 am  #3227

tonnaree wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

I think Moffit and Gatiss totally intended it.

Me, too. Because if not, I do have to wonder about how that's even possible.

December 22, 2014 5:42 am  #3228

How can you believe they intended it when they have stated numerous times that is not the case?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 22, 2014 5:46 am  #3229

Vhanja wrote:

How can you believe they intended it when they have stated numerous times that is not the case?

They {writers, showrunners, actors} absolutely had to have intended the way they tease the show's viewers, the hinting at "something more" between S/J. It's in practically every scene with the two of them together, and even some of the scenes where only one of them is there, so it's *got to be* intentional on the writers' parts. Has to be. Whether or not BBC ever goes there with actual johnlock is an entirely different subject. But meanwhile, all the eye sex, flirting, sexual innuendo, that can't all be by accident.

December 22, 2014 6:47 am  #3230

Ah, so we are allowed to discuss on here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 22, 2014 7:57 am  #3231

No, this somehow got a bit out of hand.

Please, this is a thread for people who ship Johnlock and want and expect to see it in the show and want to discuss evidence for it. 
The discussion about the "if" belongs in the "Official debate". 

December 22, 2014 8:30 am  #3232

Thank you very much, Susi. After all, we do have other threads where Johnlockers constantly have to defend themselves, and to be honest: I am sick and tired of this. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 22, 2014 8:33 am  #3233

Sorry, it was never my intention to thread on anyone's toes. I am sort of in the middle here - an avid Johnlock-shipper personally, but I don't believe it will ever happen in the show. So I am not sure where I fit in. 

Team Hudders!

December 22, 2014 8:36 am  #3234

Maybe you should read in this thread for a while and then make up your mind about whether or not you fit in here. We don't really discuss here, we believe in Johnlock - on the show. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 22, 2014 8:37 am  #3235

Well, we basically have three threads which cover the subject:

- this one which is as described above
- the official debate in which we discuss if there is Johnlock in any of the adaptations
- the greatest friendship thread which is for people who do not see Johnlock in the show

Last edited by SusiGo (December 22, 2014 8:51 am)

December 22, 2014 8:42 am  #3236

Ok, sorry for my misunderstanding. I will take more care what thread I post in from now on. 

Team Hudders!

December 22, 2014 9:57 am  #3237

December 22, 2014 10:16 am  #3238

Ok, to get back on track, there are some fun updates on Tumblr at the moment.

Mofftiss: If we wanted to make it gay, it would've been gay from the beginning!
Me: Do you even watch your show

*snigger*

Last edited by Vhanja (December 22, 2014 10:16 am)

Team Hudders!

December 22, 2014 11:30 am  #3239

Aaahh, look at those:

December 22, 2014 11:35 am  #3240

Vhanja wrote:

Mofftiss: If we wanted to make it gay, it would've been gay from the beginning!

Apart from the fact that it is indeed gay since day one (or to be more precise: since the unaired pilot), I'm also wondering about the logic of that comment from Mofftiss. Whether or not we believe every word they are saying (which I don't), there is no need to make the show (or any other show) gay from the very beginning. You could also develop this over the course of several seasons, if you wanted to. 
So yes, I hear what they are saying, but the logic behing it is faulty, if you ask me. 
And yes, they really should take a look at their own show. 

Board footera