BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2014 8:13 pm  #481

Re: The "Good News" thread

I hope those days pass quick!

I still can't believe it's finally here... I suppose I will have to spend some days figuring out I am off work until Jan. 2nd!

I NEED to paint my nails... nail art was my passion. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 19, 2014 8:29 pm  #482

Ah see I'm off until the 7th, so I gain the other end!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 19, 2014 8:37 pm  #483

I haven't been able to earn more days... I only got these days off because I worked extra. I officially don't have time off. 

We had such a fun Christmas dinner at work today... we had to say goodbye to a lot of people because of cut backs and lack of funding but everyone were just giggling and laughing.

I sat next to the big boss, and when we played a present game; I had the cheek to 'steal' a present from him. Turns out that gave him a whole new respect for me! He hates people who suck up to him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 19, 2014 8:47 pm  #484

I'm lucky to work in a school...one of the few benefits is the holidays!(I'm support staff.)
We get a new headteacher in Feb, our depute is acting head until then...
We say goodbye to the current boss on Tuesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 19, 2014 8:59 pm  #485

Everything is changing at work here... On the plus side I have been given more work, and more actual important work... I can't wait to finally get some responsibility... and I keep hoping that somehow it will make them hire me... but I am not being naive either... but I promised myself I would work for it anyway. 

I have already been told directly, and several times by a co-worker that she is so happy I am staying... but she is going to be so lost when I have to leave in Feb.

Sadly I have lost my favourite task at work... I have been 'playing nurse' as I call it. Which meant assissting a doctor with an OGTT procedure on patients... basically my work was turning blood samples and most importantly making sure she kept her crucial time points. 
I am no longer 'allowed' to do that because of the cut-backs and it has been decided I will be too busy. 

What is worse... I know how this sounds... but she'll be lost without me. She's so un-organized. Imagine Sherlock without John! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 20, 2014 12:04 am  #486

I have to work 3 days next week but then I am off work until January 5th!   *happy dance*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 20, 2014 5:58 pm  #487

I FINALLY solved the Rubik's Cube I won yesterday... it has been doing my head in! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2014 2:00 am  #488

*This is partly good news, partly still waiting on answers*

Since was 2/3 years old my eldest has shown signs of autism.
Last week she went for an assessment.
Was told its not autism because she made eye contact.
But she is hypersensitive to certain sounds & smells so she has to be assessed after new year.
Also at 9 years old she has delayed fine motor skills *her handwriting is like that of a 5/6 year old*

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

December 21, 2014 10:24 pm  #489

I hope you get some answers quickly, but it sounds like this is certainly something that is better to know so you can help her avoid it. 

my fine motor skills have always sucked... I am very ashamed of my handwriting. But I guess I am the one who has the biggest issue with it. Luckily today with all the technology it shouldn't be too hard on your daughter I hope!

I always have to redo the notes I take at work... especially if it's a phone message I've jabbed down. 
Funny actually... I have too always had a 'too good' nose... I can get terribly distracted by certain smells... now you have me wondering if there's a connection. 

Best of luck with it all! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 22, 2014 8:52 pm  #490

My aunt called my mum today to say that nothing was wrong.

For weeks my aunt has been 'bothering' my mum... calling her for hours about her health scare and how horrible everything is. My aunt panics way too easily and sets way too many things in motion.
I understand her fear... but her dramatics just get too much. (I have a bit of the same sometimes... but I try hard not to bother my friends or family)... It has been stressing mum and me a lot; even if we knew it was nothing.

My guess was that what she thought were chest pains from a heart condition was panic attacks caused by emotional stress... my mum thought it was acid reflux. 

Turns out it is acid reflux and nothing more. 

I probably had the same a couple of years ago when half the family was dying around me; in my case it was diagnosed as a psychosomatic condition... ugh. I would have 18 hour long attacks with my entire body in painful cramps. As soon as I realized it was caused by stress and panic attacks I worked on not letting myself get that far and I haven't had an attack in years... 

Sadly there is no way in hell I can convince her to try the same approach. But at least now we can actually get to enjoy Christmas

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 22, 2014 8:53 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 27, 2014 2:31 pm  #491

I'm on holidays and I'm returning to London tomorrow with my best friend.... I'm happy !

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

December 27, 2014 3:54 pm  #492

Titania wrote:

I'm on holidays and I'm returning to London tomorrow with my best friend.... I'm happy !

That sounds great. Have a wonderful time. Will you stay for New Year's Eve?

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 27, 2014 3:54 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2014 4:15 pm  #493

Have a good one, Titania!

December 29, 2014 7:03 am  #494

Schmiezi wrote:

Titania wrote:

That sounds great. Have a wonderful time. Will you stay for New Year's Eve?

Thank you and Yes, we will leave the 1st january so new years eve here! i hope we will have the time to go to the museum for the sherlock expo ...

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

December 29, 2014 8:50 am  #495

Do try and go to the exhibition, I enjoyed it.

January 9, 2015 7:29 pm  #496

On the 2nd January,  I saw Top Hat On Stage at Leeds Grand Theatre. It was brilliant, wonderful costumes and singing! I loved every minute of it!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

January 9, 2015 7:31 pm  #497

Hubby bought me a lovely Sherlock bag yeasterday...to cheer me up, I think.

January 10, 2015 11:47 pm  #498

Awesome good news! 
I bet that bag is beautiful, BB!

My guy has a lovely habit of sending me beautiful songs with very meaningful lyrics! 
I add all of them to a Spotify playlist and so far only one of the songs haven't been available...
About an hour ago I decided to try to find out how to contact the artists people and hear if it was ever coming to Spotify. My best bet is writing a message to his facebook page.

Half an hour later the man himself! writes a heartfelt message back! I'm a bit starstruck to be honest... and it was actually great to be able to say thank you for that song because it's really special to me

'Here am I' by Niels Geusebroek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRZMrwADEvQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2015 11:53 pm  #499

'My guy' and me have been such a roller coaster... I've messed up, and I've felt so lonely again...

Yesterday we had a fight... he had no internet connection Tuesday and Wednesday, and apprently I completely misunderstood him Sunday (when we had another fight)... I thought he had said he didn't want to hear me talk about getting hurt... meaning I really had no one left to talk with. 

I don't really want to call what we had yesterday a fight... it was just me refusing to talk and adding some cold remarks... He told me he was going to make his brother borrow him his laptop in the night and he wanted us to talk... he wanted to be there for me and make me feel better. And he did. He spent all night listening to me... sending amazing songs and I ended up feeling on top of the world again. 

Today it was my 'turn' to be there for him... yesterday he opened up a bit to me about how his ex has torn him to pieces... we talked about her a lot tonight, even if he said he was scared I would get hurt... 
Bless him! She broke his heart into a million pieces and he's more worried about me. 
(it's so odd about his ex... long before I met him she used to cyber bully me badly) but honestly, it doesn't hurt me to hear him say that she was the first woman he loved and he felt like he'd never love anyone again... and it's why he isn't ready yet to feel what I feel for him. 

Anyways... the good news is, before he left he finally asked me on another 'cam date'... it's been too long since we had one. I was a bit worried he didn't want to look at my ugly face anymore. 
Turns out the man was scared stiff of asking me because he thought I didn't want to... 

And right now I feel like a pre-teen picking an outfit and giggling 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2015 9:19 pm  #500

Today at work, even if I'm hitting unemployment again in 7 days I got a really great compliment from one of the young doctors I work for.

She had to explain who I was to a new medical researcher "This is Maja, she has great insight and knows everything about everything that goes on here, if you need help with anything she's always up for it. And she remembers everything!"

Apparently she didn't know I was leaving.. when I replied (tomato red in the face) "well for another week" she got her 'stress' face on that she has when everything is falling apart. 
Bless her! 

Another 'good news'... I'm having a fun night road testing my costume for the costume party I'll be at tomorrow... it's a silly costume realy... a Kitten... meaning I'm in a sort of anime inspired school girl uniform with cat ears and tail...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera