BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2014 5:24 pm  #241

Re: The Hobbit

Well said kitty and I agree wholeheartedly...what a pair of sweethearts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2014 11:41 pm  #242

Going to my third and last screening tomorrow. Can't really get to any more after that, so I will enjoy it "one last time" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 17, 2014 7:10 am  #243

Saw it in 3D last night.
After hearing and reading everybody else's comments....
I was honestly dreading it, thought I'd hate it!
But I loved it.
Loved the 3D.
Thought it was the best of the trilogy, loved the ending and how it wrapped everything up nicely...

Last edited by besleybean (December 17, 2014 7:11 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 17, 2014 7:45 am  #244

I'm sorry that the comments put you off!   I thought this was the best of the three too.  I suppose I have to wait and watch them altogether when the inevitable boxed set with extended editions and documentaries comes out (I'm determined not to buy until then!), but this is the one I enjoyed watching most in the cinema.  

I think it would have worked better (for me) to finish Smaug's story in the second film, though.  It was really good, but there wasn't time to get to know Smaug again.  And I know it would be really corny, but a few minutes of catch-up would have been nice before the main film. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes. 

December 17, 2014 4:52 pm  #245

I do see what you mean.
Once again I thiought the Smaug bit was the best part...so it did seem a tad disjointed from the last series..

December 17, 2014 5:25 pm  #246

Nice to see some good reviews here; I've seen far too many bad ones for my liking. Just got back from my third viewing...but it's not my last. I caved and bought a ticket for Saturday XD

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 17, 2014 5:32 pm  #247

You see one of the guys I went to see it with said he would go straight back...I would never do that with a film, well, I mean I wouldn't rush to!

December 17, 2014 5:51 pm  #248

As much as I love it, I still wouldn't rush. It's nice to leave a few days in between 

December 18, 2014 7:43 pm  #249

Awwwww!

There it is! 

December 18, 2014 8:18 pm  #250

Aw...

December 18, 2014 8:43 pm  #251

He's rather gorgeous in the current film. 

December 18, 2014 8:51 pm  #252

Oh, most definitely! A very handsome Dwarf King ^^

December 20, 2014 5:29 pm  #253

Just got back from my fourth viewing. Still sobbed at Thorin's death and Bilbo's wailing 

January 6, 2015 5:36 pm  #254

January 6, 2015 11:16 pm  #255

And this, even more!!   
I so love that they brought Boyd in, both with Pippin's song being in the trailer, and him singing the end-credits.

Oh, man!  Finally saw it today, and all the feels, and now reading the spoilery comments, and references, and… and basically everything.    Super battle-heavy, yes, but a very good film.
Loved, while watching, that I then knew the references you guys were making when got to the acorn and mithril shirt scene, respectively.  Very sweet.  Even have a little acorn ornament from the holidays that will now recall me to that part, just like the tree would for Bilbo.    And the stuff with how the Alfrid silliness went on a little long, Thorin's madness (wow, Richard), the dwarves and Bilbo, the sweetness of Bard with his kids (of which the girls were played by Nesbitt's daughters!), and yes, even had to laugh at Legolas's continued over-the-top bad-assery. 

I just wish there had been a way to 'wrap up' things that happened afterwards with the dwarves a little more, without forfeiting pacing or being too long.  As it was, I loved Thranduil bringing things around for us by mentioning a 'ranger' to Legolas, and leaving off with old Bilbo.  Although I'm confused… did I miss it, or what exactly happened to the Arkenstone?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 7, 2015 10:11 pm  #256

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 7, 2015 10:19 pm  #257

Haha, so true! And Martin got that dressing gown himself after filming, he wears it at home all the time, says it's super-comfy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 11:05 pm  #258

Acorns make me sad 

January 8, 2015 6:51 pm  #259

January 9, 2015 11:55 am  #260

Tonight! Tickets booked! Excited...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera