BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2014 3:23 am  #221

Re: Benedict's Engagement

besleybean wrote:

Well people would have a hard job guessing the era I was married then...at least via that method!

Especially since you said you don't have an engagement ring, eh?

My point was, styles come and go with jewelry, just as they do with clothing or hair or home decor, and if someone knows what they're looking at, they can often guess the era it was made and bought and worn.

December 7, 2014 8:33 am  #222

I rewatched The Empty Hearse last night and was in hysterics over both Mary and Molly's engagement rings...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 7, 2014 11:31 am  #223

This article is mostly about Eddie Redmayne, but then it mentions Benedict Cumberbatch and oh, if what is written there is true, Benedict has to be a greatest romantic on earth! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2863740/GIRL-TOWN-Eddie-Redmayne-getting-married-reception-Star-hosts-secret-wedding-bash-ahead-intimate-ceremony.html#ixzz3LA5tsV50

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 7, 2014 8:08 pm  #224

nakahara wrote:

This article is mostly about Eddie Redmayne, but then it mentions Benedict Cumberbatch and oh, if what is written there is true, Benedict has to be a greatest romantic on earth! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2863740/GIRL-TOWN-Eddie-Redmayne-getting-married-reception-Star-hosts-secret-wedding-bash-ahead-intimate-ceremony.html#ixzz3LA5tsV50

Aww lovely. Benedict, you old romantic. (I hope this is true)

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 7, 2014 10:15 pm  #225

That would be so sweet!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 7, 2014 10:28 pm  #226

I saw a photo of Sophie's ring the other day and it looked purple around the edge but it could have been the light on it.

December 8, 2014 6:53 am  #227

I thought it was like  an aquamarine or turquoise...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2014 6:25 pm  #228

besleybean wrote:

I thought it was like  an aquamarine or turquoise...

Diamonds reflect the lights and colors around them--  they have an inner fire because of the way they're cut into facets, and almost seem alive when you look into them.

December 8, 2014 9:00 pm  #229

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 8, 2014 9:11 pm  #230

Yes I saw that quote on tumblr the other day and melted  Even more lovely to hear him saying that.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 8, 2014 9:16 pm  #231

Coincidentally, I just read this on Twitter!

December 8, 2014 9:38 pm  #232

BC is romantic! Aww.

December 8, 2014 9:40 pm  #233

Big soft lump!
Tee Hee.

December 8, 2014 10:14 pm  #234

Awwwwwww. (unironically!)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 19, 2014 10:42 am  #235

I am feeling a bit ridiulous about this. I mean - of course I am happy for him. I wish him all the best in the world, and would never stop being a fan because of this.

But pathetically enough I felt a sting of jealousy when I heard it. Which makes no sense whatsover. It's stupid, and it makes me feel when I was 16 years old and had a crush on a rock band. It's really humiliating that I as a grown woman in a happy relationship myself should feel like this. I've regressed 20 years because of Mr.Cumby.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 19, 2014 11:45 am  #236

Vhanja wrote:

I am feeling a bit ridiulous about this. I mean - of course I am happy for him. I wish him all the best in the world, and would never stop being a fan because of this.

But pathetically enough I felt a sting of jealousy when I heard it. Which makes no sense whatsover. It's stupid, and it makes me feel when I was 16 years old and had a crush on a rock band. It's really humiliating that I as a grown woman in a happy relationship myself should feel like this. I've regressed 20 years because of Mr.Cumby.

It's ok dear.  I am 52 and had a similar response.  We can't help our emotions and emotions are not rational.
Doesn't make us bad people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 19, 2014 12:23 pm  #237

Good to hear I'm not alone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2015 7:49 pm  #238

Vhanja wrote:

Good to hear I'm not alone. 

No, you are not alone!  I an 53 and it's not like I ever had a shot with him - LOL! I don't know why we feel this way, but we do.

It doesn't help that I am kind of disappointed in who he ended up with.  Sophie is not attractive ( yes, superficial and catty, I know),  and also kind of bumbed out that it's now obvious the reason they got engaged was because she is pregnant.  One is left to wonder is she was not pregnant, if they would even be engaged at all.

Ok, enough sour grapes.  What is done is done, and I hope it all works out for Ben.

January 8, 2015 7:55 pm  #239

Dear kaye,

being a bit fangirlishly jealous is alright, but please stop with this negative stuff about Sophie. This forum is very proud on being a nice, friendly place. Please help us keeping it this way.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 8, 2015 8:01 pm  #240

Thank you.
I confess I was a tad cross myself!

Board footera