BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 8:10 pm  #41

Re: Hannibal

I loved season two and the finale was my third favorite episode of television this season (just behind Breaking Bad's "Ozymandias" and True Detective's "Who Goes There?").  

**********SPOILERS**********

Hannibal gutting Will was everything I could've hoped for it to be.  I loved it so much.

Both Bryan Fuller and Hugh Dancy have confirmed that Will survives (as he did in the books).  We still haven't gotten to the events of Red Dragon yet and Will needs to be around for that so they can't kill him off.  Yet.

It sounds like the fate of Jack is up to Laurence Fishburne and whether or not he wants to come back to the show. 

**********END SPOILERS**********

May 29, 2014 8:42 pm  #42

AGAIN SPOILER

asyouwish wrote:

**********SPOILERS*********
Both Bryan Fuller and Hugh Dancy have confirmed that Will survives (as he did in the books).

**********END SPOILERS**********

Oh, that's good to know. I wonder if there will be another long conversations between Hannibal and Will, I just loved them.

Is there any information when more or less next season will be broadcast?

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 10, 2014 11:35 am  #43

Well I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed of the second season. I mean, there were some episodes which were totally great and epic but most of them were more average and a bit worse than the episodes of the first season. I've got hope for season three and I'm excited for it as well, I mean, it's a great and absolutely amazing show tho.

SPOILERS

And yeah, I am also quite sure about the fact, that Jack, Will and Dr. Bloom survive because they are some of the main characters in 'Red Dragon', in which Hannibal is already in jail. Besides Thomas Harris mentioned in the book that Will's got a huge scar on his abdomen, which was caused by Hannibal! I guess it might be the wound which Hannibal caused him in the last episode of season two! But sadly I'm pretty sure that Abigail died, which is terrible, I really liked her! :'(

MartaSt wrote:

I don't really know and I'm not quite sure about that, but I think it will be something around spring 2015! :')

Last edited by Castiel (June 10, 2014 11:36 am)

June 12, 2014 10:48 pm  #44

They kill off Will?  NOOOOOOO

ps I'm the sort of person who reads spoilers then when I watch the actualt episode I have already forgotten about the spoiler *total sieve head* haha.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

June 13, 2014 7:50 am  #45

TiggyDoolittle wrote:

ps I'm the sort of person who reads spoilers then when I watch the actualt episode I have already forgotten about the spoiler *total sieve head* haha.

Lucky you. When I read a spoiler I remember it even after few years xD

But stay calm - in probably 98% Will won't be dead

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 13, 2014 7:29 pm  #46

Castiel wrote:

Well I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed of the second season. I mean, there were some episodes which were totally great and epic but most of them were more average and a bit worse than the episodes of the first season. I've got hope for season three and I'm excited for it as well, I mean, it's a great and absolutely amazing show tho.

SPOILERS

And yeah, I am also quite sure about the fact, that Jack, Will and Dr. Bloom survive because they are some of the main characters in 'Red Dragon', in which Hannibal is already in jail. Besides Thomas Harris mentioned in the book that Will's got a huge scar on his abdomen, which was caused by Hannibal! I guess it might be the wound which Hannibal caused him in the last episode of season two! But sadly I'm pretty sure that Abigail died, which is terrible, I really liked her! :'(

MartaSt wrote:

I don't really know and I'm not quite sure about that, but I think it will be something around spring 2015! :')

Oh wow. I didn't know about his scar, that's pretty interesting. It's been about ten years since I read the books.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 13, 2014 11:22 pm  #47

MartaSt wrote:

TiggyDoolittle wrote:

Lucky you. When I read a spoiler I remember it even after few years xD

But stay calm - in probably 98% Will won't be dead

Sounds good to me lol.

I remeber what I need to remember.

Kinda likeSherlock only less intelligent ;)

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

December 16, 2014 9:20 am  #48

Wow! What a series a, my daughter recommended it and, as usual, she was not wrong. I also had a definite 'Nooooooo! Not Will!' Moment.

They are filming season 3 at the moment in Canada. Very excited to see the results.

What impressed me with this show, apart from the astounding acting (especially Hugh and Mads but the ensemble too) was the beautiful camerawork. Some of the images, some of the effects (especially the bullet time in the very last episode) the colours, the lighting, the whole production design, just amazing. Writing too was strong. Loved my Eddie Izzard in it to.

Roll on season 3! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 16, 2014 3:38 pm  #49

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 19, 2014 6:52 pm  #50

Ha! Ha! Brilliant! Look at that saintly face! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 21, 2014 2:08 am  #51

He almost makes Moriarty look angelic.

March 24, 2015 6:57 pm  #52

I watched some episodes last weekend.I always wanted to, but I feared that I couldn't get certain scenes out of my head afterwards. Wow, Mads is soooo brilliant. I'm not sure that I become a hardcore fan (because of the problem above) but it's really good. I was surprised it is a NBC show. I'll definitelly watch the episodes with Richard Armitage () next season. Ralph Fiennes was already good as Dolarhyde.

I saw that the show has it own "Johnlock". 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 5, 2015 11:09 pm  #53

I suppose you people are getting ready for 4th June...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 6, 2015 5:22 pm  #54

YEEEEESSSSS! I count the days, it's exciting. 

Has anyone seen this, it's so funny.

I know Mark Gatiss is a big Hannibal fan, he and Bryan Fuller flirt via Twitter and plotting over character deaths.

Last edited by Ivy (May 6, 2015 5:24 pm)

----------

May 6, 2015 6:31 pm  #55

I am so not surprised he'd do this.
They should team up with GRRMartin, too. I'm sure they'd have quite a lot of fun!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

June 20, 2015 8:55 pm  #56

Gorgeous, gorgeous, wonderful show. My only small complaint would be with the sound editors as sometimes the background music is too loud during quite dialogue to be able to hear it clearly. The imagery, the sheer cleverness of the writing. This is a delight.

June 20, 2015 9:38 pm  #57

The Gatiss/Fuller flirting goes on http://cherrybatched.tumblr.com/post/121953621879/hannibal-showrunner-would-love-to-work-with Bryan said he has such a crush on Mark. And Mark answered. That's too funny.

I like the new series, apart from episode two, but I'm excited. And it's so homoerotic, it's almost like you're reading fanfiction. 

----------

June 23, 2015 7:01 pm  #58

Hannbal got cancelled, the 3. series will be the last (at least on NBC, there's hope it will be picked up for a streaming network)

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/jun/23/hannibal-lecter-cancelled-nbc-streaming

----------

June 23, 2015 8:19 pm  #59

*cries*

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 26, 2015 4:22 pm  #60

Cries a lot too. The irony is (and WHAT an irony) is that in the Saturn Awards it has just been voted best network TV series and both Hugh Dancy and Lawrence Fishburne won prizes! NBC have lost the plot! 

Board footera