BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2014 6:20 pm  #41

Re: POLL: Do you like or hate eating at the cinemas during a movie?

Gummy bears the last time I went. Desperately trying to get them out of the bag without making a noise. Then ate so many (it was a BIG bag) that I felt a bit icky! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 9, 2014 12:04 pm  #42

I like eating popcorn in the cinema, but it's not necessary for me.

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

February 9, 2014 12:57 pm  #43

I love toffee pop corn, but it's honestly something I would never buy.
I really don't get this connection between watching a film and eating pop corrn...
It's a bit like when people go on about Christma dinner...why would you only have it at Christnas?
I mean I wouldn't eat it any time, but you know what I mean..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 4, 2014 1:15 pm  #44

Oh, why didn't I find this earlier...
is this the place where I can say that I go absolutely mental if someone eats and drinks in cinema? :-) I mean, I understand it's supposed to be that way, them even selling hte stuff, and I really try to endure it if people keep quiet. But if they start making noises with bags or I can hear them bite their popcorn... I usually tell them to keep quiet. They can watch DVDs at home if they don't care about the story of a film. But missing pieces of dialogue because people chat and eat... makes me go up walls :-)
I'm a bit more relaxed if it's childrens films or comedy. And I'm fine with eating before a film starts... or after.
I remember, when I was in Lord of the Rings, waiting a year for that film, someone crushed his popcorn bag exactly in the quiet moment when Aragorn and Arwen whisper to each other in elvish. Good thing they were several rows behind me... :-)
Otherwise I'm a nice person, be assured :-)

"It is what it is."

December 4, 2014 1:21 pm  #45

Davina wrote:

Gummy bears the last time I went. Desperately trying to get them out of the bag without making a noise.

You think you don't make noise, but I can hearrrrrr you......... ;-)
As someone who dislikes food in cinema but tries to be nice and tolerant, may I say please please just do the gummy bear grabbing loud and quickly. This slooooow, long-ongoing subdued rustling is far far worse in my opinion :-)

"It is what it is."

December 4, 2014 5:50 pm  #46

I've ususally eaten all my sweets before the film has even started!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 4, 2014 6:43 pm  #47

Me too basley

I don't mind people eating in cinemas if they're quiet. If not, I must say I'm a little bit angry then.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

December 5, 2014 10:08 am  #48

Actually I have usually eaten at least 3/4 before the film starts. Then, I do take handfuls. I'm not eating sweeties at the moment so nothing at The Imitation Game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2014 5:21 pm  #49

I don't eat sweeties normally...but my pal and I always seem to make an exception for the cinema!

Board footera