BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2012 6:15 pm  #1

QUEEN

Just wondering whether there are any Queen fans around here - my favourite band ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 28, 2012 10:38 pm  #2

Re: QUEEN

Queen are/ were great. Sad, but true, that Freddie died the year my son was born.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 29, 2012 2:00 am  #3

That would be 91 right? I was a huge Queen fan as a kid, used to know all the facts and trivia, forgotten most of it now. Freddie has the same birthday as my Mum - that's the only reason I'm able to remember her birthday, lol!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 29, 2012 2:42 am  #4

OMG

I only ever have Queen music playing at home, in the car , etc etc.
Own every album (yes I am old enough to have original vinyl records, lol), own every DVD they've put out of concerts etc, belong to a few groups/fan clubs etc, enjoy emailing Dr Bri and receiving treasured personal replies,  my usual avatar is one of Freddie, shall I go on??

I'm also old enough to say I saw them when they toured here in their heyday, felt the horrifying pain when Freddie died (I was shell shocked for days, sick, couldn't do anything etc)
Freddie is my idol, he's the only one that will be 'singing at my funeral'. There's very little I don't know about the precious gift of Farouk Bulsara that someone from above sent to us.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 29, 2012 10:17 am  #5

I love them, I've been a huge fan of them since I was like 10. I have every album too, though they're not vinyls, but CDs. I remember Freddie's death, but I was only 14 at that moment so it was sad but not a terrible thing for me... anyway, I love them. What are your favorite albums? I specially love A  night at the opera, Jazz and Innuendo

Last edited by Irene_Adler (February 29, 2012 10:19 am)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 29, 2012 1:29 pm  #6

Always enjoyed Queen II, News Of The World, The Game.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 29, 2012 5:41 pm  #7

So good to read all this!
I’m a Queen fanclub member as well, I own every album/cd/dvd/book, well not EVERY but many of them, attended several concerts in 2005/2008 with Queen&Paul Rodgers (London/Prague/Riga/Cologne…). Sadly I missed a concert with Freddie…
Oh, and I was in the musical We Will Rock You 25 times… (12 times Cologne, 13 times London).

And, yes, I met Brian.Twice. He’s the nicest guy you can imagine!
(Funnily enough: He has the same birthday as Benedict.)

As a result of my two fandoms I made some Sherlock/Queen videos (just for me, not for the public) – but Windows Movie Maker is killing me every time!! (Maybe one of you has a good hint for me how making videos can be done easier?)

Next week I’ll be flying over to London. I’m planning to hang around Speedy’s (again), St. Bart’s, the Dominion theatre, Baker Street, Freddie’s last home…oh, there’s always so much to be done in my favourite city!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 14, 2012 8:04 am  #8

It's funny. I haven't been feeling too well lately, and usualy just listen to the radio when I am driving for work. But my head's been spinning a bit so I go back to the one thing that 'calms me'.

My "Absolute Greatest" CD of Queen's. But I don't play the regular one with the songs, I listen to the one with commentary from Bri & Rog. It's really weird, but that CD just makes me focus  and calm down so much, it's freaky.
I do adore both of them so much and could probably do every one of their lines myself, lol.

See? Told you I was freaky, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 14, 2012 7:03 pm  #9

Freaky? I'd say stone cold crazy...
A Freddie-fist in the air for you - kya!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 17, 2012 6:29 pm  #10

we will, we will BURN  YOU!

puzzle: 10 B

March 17, 2012 10:57 pm  #11

Dedicated to...JM
Death on two legs: Don't stop me now!
Put out the fire - You're bound to be the loser in the end...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 25, 2012 12:46 pm  #12

This is for you, tobeornotto221b:

min. 01:52 = 'Honey, you should see me in a crown!'

http://youtu.be/1LyoQS0EvcE

My favorite version of the song.

March 25, 2012 12:50 pm  #13

sherlocked wrote:

omg
Is that an orange 'shock blanket' at 1:35??? hehehehe
A Sherlock/Freddie crossover!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 25, 2012 1:12 pm  #14

Lol, kazza, yes, it's clearly a shock blanket! And Moriarty wasn't the first to steal the crown jewells.

March 25, 2012 1:18 pm  #15

sherlocked wrote:

Thank you, sherlocked! I forgot about this one!

Just thinking about more connections between Sherlock and Queen.
In 2002, during the Party at the Palace concert, Brian was standing on the roof of Buck House playing "God Save The Queen" on his unique home-built guitar. Sherlock  playing the same tune on another string instrument in Scandal, his (according to canon, Stradivari) violin.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 25, 2012 2:04 pm  #16

Oh my God, the great Freddie... what an amazing voice... what an excellent composer, what a showman, what a man. I miss him, I really do.
And this version of The Great Pretender is my favourite too!!

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 25, 2012 2:11 pm  #17

Yes, I miss Freddie, too. What an outrageous talent!
So, what did Sherlock really mean, when he said the sweets taste like Mercury??!!  Another clue, we missed???
I'm seeing sherlocky things everywhere these days, lol!

April 10, 2012 8:36 pm  #18

queen are legends! =) did you see them at live aid 1985 (its on YouTube's and you can get it on DVD) it was amazing and for a good cause to! =)

Oh and your not the only one. I was listening to the radio and they mentioned Morgan freeman and I thought "martin freeman is going to be on radio 1!" but I was mistaken!

- Y.S.H

Last edited by Young Sherlock Holmes (April 10, 2012 8:40 pm)

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

June 3, 2012 1:14 am  #19

Seems everyone's a fan in one way or the other.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 3, 2012 12:45 pm  #20

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera