BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2014 7:45 pm  #1

Looking for a music video

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a music video from 1996/early 1997. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the song or the band, but the video is in film noir style (don't think it's black and white, though) and there were subtitles ("thrill", "suspense"). The singer had a thin moustache and wasn't particularly handsome.
I know it's not much to go on, but it came to my mind a few days ago and it's driving me mad!

Help, anyone?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 30, 2014 7:53 pm  #2

Re: Looking for a music video

It sounds like something from the Sparks. "Now that I own the BBC" or "When do I get to sing My Way".

Checked it on youtube. It should be "When do I get to sing my way":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIO9WxNlHHY

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 30, 2014 7:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 30, 2014 7:57 pm  #3

God yes, that's it!!! Thank you so very much!!! I've been searching all evening! And now I can't believe it's such a long time ago that it was played up and down on MTV back then...

Last edited by Kerkerian (November 30, 2014 7:58 pm)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 30, 2014 7:58 pm  #4

You're welcome. I forgot how much I loved it back then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 30, 2014 7:59 pm  #5

Schmiezi wrote:

You're welcome. I forgot how much I loved it back then.

Me too! 'Twas the time before the Abi...

November 30, 2014 8:03 pm  #6

Yep, two years before that.

I must admit, though, that the Nineties are not really known for their good music... I guess that many songs only work with nostalgia for me.

November 30, 2014 8:50 pm  #7

Yeah, me too. I was browsing lists of albums released in 1996 and 1997 and several times went "oh, right, ew," because of some names I had entirely forgotten already.

Board footera