BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2014 12:29 pm  #1121

Re: The Imitation Game

I was very close to crying quite a few times...but just about managed to hold it together!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 23, 2014 12:39 pm  #1122

I'll be a puddle by the time it is over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 23, 2014 6:05 pm  #1123

miriel68 wrote:

“The biggest problem with Benedict is you want to linger on his face while other people are talking,” says Tyldum. “Because his reaction to what’s being said and what’s happening in the scene is so interesting, it’s almost painful to cut away from him.”
Loved this quote and it is so true: I've noticed more than once that often in Benedict's scenes I tend to observe his face, even if it another person speaking. 

Yes, but that's because you're in love with him. If everyone in the scene were on equal footing with him in your mind, I doubt you'd focus on him so intently. Maybe this Tyldum, whoever that is, is also in love with him. heh

November 23, 2014 6:08 pm  #1124

I know you are partly joking, but it isn't just that.
My mother(who doesn'rt fancy Benedict) thinks he is a mesmerising actor.

Last edited by besleybean (November 23, 2014 6:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 23, 2014 8:53 pm  #1125

ancientsgate wrote:

[ Yes, but that's because you're in love with him. If everyone in the scene were on equal footing with him in your mind, I doubt you'd focus on him so intently. Maybe this Tyldum, whoever that is, is also in love with him. heh

Well, I suppose (and hope) Tyldum is in love with his wife, who looks like super-toll super-blond hot model.
And personally, I am mostly in love with B. exactly because of his acting skills. Parade's End did it for me, lol. I watched Sherlock first and loved it but in PE B. floored me with his capacity to comunicate just with body language and very subtle facial expressions. And when I watched PE with my daughter recently I had to stop dvd a couple of times, because she got hysterical about B. face in certain scenes. (Admittedly, everyone in PE is so good that the first time I watched it, I didn't linger on B. all the time.)

November 23, 2014 11:26 pm  #1126

miriel68 wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

[ Yes, but that's because you're in love with him. If everyone in the scene were on equal footing with him in your mind, I doubt you'd focus on him so intently. Maybe this Tyldum, whoever that is, is also in love with him. heh

Well, I suppose (and hope) Tyldum is in love with his wife, who looks like super-toll super-blond hot model.

He can still be in love with BC, lol.  After all, a lot of us are in love with our spouses (even the ones who are not super blond hot models!), but we can also love BC and hang on his words and facial antics.

You make me want to watch Parade's End again. What "did it for me" with BC was TRF, all of it. I watched TRF before I saw the first two episodes of the show (here in America, we came late to the game, and I just barely found out about Sherlock in time to see TRF as it was broadcast), and that episode set me back on my heels. Wow.

November 24, 2014 7:39 am  #1127

You are right about TRF: he was terrific in it. Watching B. face in taxi scene alone is kind of masterclass in acting. But from the glimpses at TIG I had in the clips released so far I can see it will be even more enthralling.

November 24, 2014 10:57 am  #1128

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 24, 2014 4:34 pm  #1129

Woohoo!

November 24, 2014 6:20 pm  #1130

Flavorwire has a think piece about Benedict's performance in The Imitation Game: ‘The Imitation Game’ and the Intellectual Charisma of Benedict Cumberbatch. It's an interesting take on "smart is the new sexy," anyway!

Last edited by REReader (November 24, 2014 6:20 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

November 25, 2014 7:20 pm  #1131

From Reuters, via Yahoo!News: Benedict Cumberbatch hails unsung hero in 'The Imitation Game'

And there's a nice little interview on ScreenCrush with Matthew Goode, in which he talks a bit about Benedict, among other things.

Last edited by REReader (November 25, 2014 7:21 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

November 26, 2014 8:06 pm  #1132

I just saw that they moved Imitation Game premiere in Poland to 16th January (instead of 5th December)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

November 26, 2014 8:12 pm  #1133

Yes. And I am going to Cracow in mid-December. And had planned with my friend to watch the film there. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 26, 2014 9:48 pm  #1134

SusiGo wrote:

Yes. And I am going to Cracow in mid-December. And had planned with my friend to watch the film there. 

In English?

November 26, 2014 9:51 pm  #1135

Yes, that is what we hoped for. Now I have to try and go to the Netherlands in January because they release it two weeks earlier than in Germany. And they do not dub films. 

November 26, 2014 11:06 pm  #1136

In Poland this kind of film will probably be only in English with Polish subs. I doubt that there will be dub version. It's sad that you won't be able to see it during your stay in Cracow, Susi.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

November 27, 2014 8:07 am  #1137

Yes, it is a shame. I think they will show the original version in selected Germans cinemas but I cannot wait. Therefore my hope is on the Netherlands. 

November 27, 2014 8:41 am  #1138

Here is a little video where Morten Tyldum comments on a scene (be aware of possible spoilers):

http://imitationgamemovie.tumblr.com/post/103704217940/anatomy-of-a-scene-imitation-game-morten

November 27, 2014 11:39 am  #1139

I'm upset now because I thought I would get to see it sooner.  But sadly it's only opening in New York and LA this weekend.

*major pout*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 27, 2014 12:29 pm  #1140

Tonnaree, you're lucky, we have to wait 'til Januari. 

Suzi, in the Netherlands, foreign films are almost never dubbed. Only films aimed at children are dubbed because children can't read at that speed, and even then there's often also an original version for older children and adults. I'd be really surprised if TIG were dubbed anywhere.

Board footera