BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2014 6:22 pm  #341

Re: Mary's Death

maryagrawatson wrote:

No. I'm saying that I would prefer he not continue because his performance traumatizes me.
Mary

He's a good actor, for sure. He *is* Moriarty. Great casting, great acting. I'm not traumatized by anything in the show (and if I can survive TRF and the cemetery scene that followed, I figure I can survive anything), mostly because it's just pretend, and I guess I don't have a problem remembering that?  If I had a real-life Moriarty skulking around me, like your creepy coworker, yeah, that would be wicked hard. But Moriarty himself? He's just written that way, after all.

November 23, 2014 7:41 pm  #342

ancientsgate wrote:

But be that as it may, Mary being pregnant *is* a plot corner....  they now must solve the conundrum of what to do with that child

I still think that the child is their interpretation of Watson having a dog in the ACD canon and that nothing untoward will happen to her. We shall see..

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 23, 2014 8:20 pm  #343

Oh, ok AG, I just misunderstood then. If anything on the show could traumatize me (and nothing can) it'd be CAM. Oh, the creeps.

November 23, 2014 8:29 pm  #344

Yeah, Moriarty is scary...but sexy as hell!
Magnussen...bleurgh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 23, 2014 9:51 pm  #345

silverblaze wrote:

Oh, ok AG, I just misunderstood then. If anything on the show could traumatize me (and nothing can) it'd be CAM. Oh, the creeps.

I've dealt with both types. The Moriarty look alike trying to break down your door in the middle of the night is scarier than the other guy just being sleazy.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 23, 2014 11:19 pm  #346

maryagrawatson wrote:

I still think that the child is their interpretation of Watson having a dog in the ACD canon and that nothing untoward will happen to her. We shall see..Mary

No, I don't think they'll kill off the baby.  I mean, would they do that?  *thinks*  And even Mary herself, as long as AA wants the role and enjoys it, I don't think she's going anywhere either. I dunno. As long as the show gets back to casework and Sherlock and John running the streets and helping the cops and having a bit of domestic time back at 221B with Mrs. H., I think I'll be fine with whatever the writers come up with. It's just so long to wait!  I'm sick of waiting already, and there's so very much more waiting still to be done. *groan*

November 23, 2014 11:21 pm  #347

silverblaze wrote:

Now, there's somebody I really really hope stays dead.  And they didn't even show the creepiest scene, with him coming into Sherlock's hospital room like a demented angel of death. Awful.

November 24, 2014 6:38 am  #348

Though the best TV ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 30, 2014 6:31 pm  #349

Sorry if this has been posted before, but have you guys seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asExb-6l2KA

Amanda more or less confirms that Mary will die. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2014 6:34 pm  #350

Yes, it was mentioned a couple of months ago. Buuuuut.... I don't trust this tbh...
She just says " we all know what happens to MM, I know how it happens" Hmmmm.... Could be just anything... If we assume " we" are the people involved in the show, not the fans, well, the she just says that they have a plan already. And she has been informed. And happen could also be anything.... Sticking around forever, fleeing the country alive, sacrificing herself, being the ultimate villain... I don't know...

Last edited by mrshouse (December 30, 2014 6:37 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 30, 2014 6:39 pm  #351

This bloggers, on the other hand, bemoaned quite pitifully that she would probably stay in the show:

http://marybegone.tumblr.com/post/106509821781/amanda-abbington-says-more-mary

One is none the wiser from those contradicting news. Probably to keep us confused for the longest time possible. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2014 6:42 pm  #352

Gah, this is so infuriating!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2014 6:46 pm  #353

I just take it that we are going to get a bit more of her, before she dies!

December 30, 2014 6:54 pm  #354

It's difficult to be sure, because the actors may be playing the character but not necessarily "present" (e.g. Irene in Sherlock's mind palace in S3). 

Although in some ways, I'm keen to get rid of her (sorry, Amanda - I don't mean you!), I think there is so much unresolved at the moment, that it can't be sorted out quickly.   I feel she has to be a key character in at least one episode.   It might be that that's the special, and we just get flashbacks/mind palace (for instance) in S4.  Or it could be that it's the first episode of S4, and the special takes place just after the end of S3, keeping us in suspenders about Mary's true nature (i.e. John and pregnant Mary appear to carry on as normal, while John and Sherlock are embroiled in an unrelated case, then the Mary baton is picked up again in S4).  

If we were going by the original stories, then Moriarty has been in  FAR more episodes than he should have been, even compared to Mary.   Moriarty featured mainly in one short story (I think he's mentioned in another - can't remember), whereas Mary was a main character in a whole book. 

December 30, 2014 7:03 pm  #355

Dunno if it means anything, but Amanda is only billed to star in the special, not in the rest of S4. IF it means anything, it strengthens my theory that she will die in the special.

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2014 7:12 pm  #356

Where did you get that information, Vhanja? Apparently she twittered how much she looks forward to the special and S4.
And, @nakahara, we knew she would be around, this says exactly nothing about to which extent.

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 30, 2014 7:17 pm  #357

mrshouse wrote:

Where did you get that information, Vhanja? Apparently she twittered how much she looks forward to the special and S4.

It's on IMDB. She is listed in the special, and Yasmine and Laura are listed on S4E01 and she isn't. Neither is she for the rest of the series.

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2014 7:21 pm  #358

Oh, okay, since you mentioned IMDB earlier already I tried to gain information there but to me it's not quite clear.... 
It says only such and such numbers of episodes and the years during which they are involved? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by mrshouse (December 30, 2014 7:23 pm)

December 30, 2014 7:22 pm  #359

Interesting. We´ll see.
I read somewhere that she´ll be in S4, but can´t remember the source.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2014 7:22 pm  #360

mrshouse wrote:

Oh, okay, since you mentioned ibdm earlier already I tried to gain information there but to me it's not quite clear....
It says only such and such numbers of episodes and the years during which they are involved? What am I doing wrong?

Click on the number four of the list of series, and then click your way in on each episode.

Team Hudders!

Board footera