BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2014 3:36 pm  #3361

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

DirtLock? Oh, so that's the name of my (non-sexual, thank you very much) kink of Sherlock getting dirty in fan fic.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 17, 2014 3:07 pm  #3362

when you pass by the tunnel to the morgue at the hospital like you do at least once a day at work... and you hear someone whistling a happy tune from the morgue

and you instantly think 'Sherlock?? Is that you??'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 17, 2014 10:46 pm  #3363

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When you're using one laptop at work and your co-worker calls you and asks you to open up another one and check something and you suddenly laugh to yourself and think that if only there were a few more you could pretend this was TSo3

I work on both a Mac (main computer) and a PC (special jobs). One day, my new neighbour came by and saw me at the table with both computers running as well as my iPad, and my iPhone. She just stared for a minute and said, "Have you ever heard of multiple browser tabs?!" and had no idea why I thought that was the most hilarious thing anyone has ever said to me.

We're scheduling a Sherlock night soon.

Mary

November 17, 2014 10:57 pm  #3364

Oh Mary, that's priceless!

November 17, 2014 11:38 pm  #3365

silverblaze wrote:

Oh Mary, that's priceless!

I thought so, too. 

Just got another one, not quite mine. I'm renting a flat just for this winter, quite an experience since I've been a homeowner for so long, and naturally all my friends and family have been curious about it. So I sent out a layout and pictures. All three of my Sherlockian friends have informed me that I have ended up with what is essentially a mirror image of 221B if the kitchen and lounge were switched and John's bedroom was on the same level. Now that they mention it, I'm seeing it, too! My office is where Sherlock's bedroom is located, down the hall, right next to the ensuite bathroom and the front door is into the lounge, right where it would be in 221b's kitchen. I am rather amused!

Lots of similar colours, too, blues and greens.

(I rented this place sight unseen!!!)

Mary

November 18, 2014 6:37 am  #3366

When you have to go on another(serious) forum and explain why their use of the term 'confirmed lesbian' made me laugh so much.

Last edited by besleybean (November 18, 2014 6:38 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 24, 2014 4:30 am  #3367

Besleybean, that's funny! And I only get it because I forced myself to rewatch TRF recently, which brings me to mine... you're glad you forced yourself to rewatch TRF recently because it makes your neighbour's outraged, 'But I'm in my nightie!' comment doubly hilarious.

Mary

November 24, 2014 10:42 am  #3368

Mary, it's probably a bit much to get the McGuigan wallpaper just for this winter? 

November 24, 2014 1:56 pm  #3369

silverblaze wrote:

Mary, it's probably a bit much to get the McGuigan wallpaper just for this winter? 

I can see myself explaining that to the landlady. She already thinks I'm rather odd.

Mary

November 24, 2014 9:08 pm  #3370

November 24, 2014 9:17 pm  #3371

When you're watching 'Only Connect' on BBC 2 and one of the answers is' Sherlock and John'...I literally let out a yelp of delight!

Last edited by besleybean (November 24, 2014 9:18 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 24, 2014 10:09 pm  #3372

When you find it funny that the first names of the two suspects in your current case translate to Mark and Steven and the cop tells them that real life is not a detective novel...

(and also, it's your first case in a MONTH and you were just about ready to start shooting up the walls)

Mary

November 26, 2014 10:51 pm  #3373

When you view love and attractions as physics and biology that can be calculated... 

Not exactly a new thing... but I am really noticing it now 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 5, 2014 2:25 am  #3374

A friend sends you a link to info about a home renovation show she thinks you'd find informative and you know you couldn't possibly watch it without being driven to distraction because of the star's name... Mike Holmes.

(The show is called Holmes On Homes for those who are curious.)

Mary

December 7, 2014 7:33 pm  #3375

When you always 'sign' sticky notes with a Smiley you've practiced to look like Sherlock's on the poor, poor wall of 221B

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 7, 2014 7:45 pm  #3376

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When you always 'sign' sticky notes with a Smiley you've practiced to look like Sherlock's on the poor, poor wall of 221B

Mary

December 11, 2014 7:44 pm  #3377

You tell people the unnecessary truth.
You annoy people by insulting their intelligence.
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Could be dangerous.

December 11, 2014 7:51 pm  #3378

When you get annoyed with wrong answers.

Could be dangerous.

December 11, 2014 7:59 pm  #3379

...or bad grammar!

December 11, 2014 8:01 pm  #3380

... or stupidity in general!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera