BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2014 11:16 pm  #121

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Oh, I thought you said you didn't like it. Sorry, it's late, I've had a few wines. 

November 21, 2014 11:30 pm  #122

silverblaze wrote:

Wow, I'm still impressed. I'm pretty sure I can't write a book in a month. Even with all the research. 

When I get typing, watch out, I can light a keyboard on fire.

I also consider myself a professional writer. My law enforcement stuff does comprise the bulk of my income, but I still earn a good portion of my income from my writing, some from the blog and the rest from the books. I read somewhere that the definition of being a professional writer is writing something, getting money for it, and being able to pay a bill with that money. There are months the only reason the electrical bill gets paid is thanks to royalties.

Mmm, I actually suspect it's the latter one, which I would still like, btw. If there is such a conspiracy, it's probably partly reverse engineered because they really didn't know that there would be a series four when they were writing series one.

Either that or they wrote the episodes in a way to allow for both possibilities, that they could be revisted later, or laid to rest... I have great faith in Moftiss....

(But then Moriarty should die, I mean, honestly.)

But it is canon that there are two James Moriarties. I blame Conan Doyle for the end of HLV.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 22, 2014 1:07 am  #123

I think it would be great if they brought in another Moriarty brother. It is canon, as you said. Could still be played by Andrew Scott too, if they were identical twin Moriartys. It wouldn't be a cop out or a cheat, although some people who weren't aware of the originals might think it was weak storylining - it's just pure canon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 22, 2014 1:46 am  #124

I agree.
The Man / Moriarty  on the roof is probably dead...but Moriarty#2 lives. Thats my fave and the most fun and long term plan / theory.

@Speculation on Marys death or departure is also a lot of fun and I would think irresistible for the writers who very much like to shake the Doyle box up.I don't see how thats negative...more an inevitable part of the fandom from the moment we knew they would do the Mary storyline.I actually wouldn't put it past them to give an obscure -sorry about Mary - line and leave us guessing from tiny clues as to what happened until a flashback at the end of S04.

Last edited by lil (November 22, 2014 1:50 am)

November 22, 2014 7:51 am  #125

I hope they don't do the twin thing. If there were going to be twins, I'd like to have seen them both alive and seen their relationship ("Dead Ringers" sprang into my mind!).    I don't want to keep seeing him come back as a triplet or a clone or whatever. 

November 25, 2014 1:26 pm  #126

Oh, no! I hoped to spy on Setlock one day in the future, but it looks bleak now:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-11-25/sherlock-fans-have-changed-the-way-we-make-the-show-says-mark-gatiss

(sigh)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2014 1:30 pm  #127

In a way it is a bit sad because I always loved the outdoor scenes with London functioning like a character of her own. Exciting as Setlock may be, it seems to restrict the creators’ choices. A friend of mine said not long ago that series 3 felt different because there are not many places you can visit and discover on your own. Reading this explains quite a lot and I fear it will become even more distinct in the next episodes. Sort of a double-edged sword. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2014 1:46 pm  #128

I agree fully. I loved it that BBC Sherlock could use a real London sets for their adaptation of the story. It would be a loss if they stop using them.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2014 2:16 pm  #129

I'm not surprised, setlock was a real problem for them that they had to deal with. It's unfortunate because the outdoor shots are great, but probably necessary. Last time I was always wondering why they couldn't keep it a secret when and where they were gonna film, but with Twitter, it's probably near impossible. 

They did handle it really well last time though. They had clearly factored it in with all the security, the cast and crew were really nice to the fans and as far as I'm aware, no one got hurt. 

November 25, 2014 2:56 pm  #130

I don't know how stuff like this works in the UK, but I really, really hope they'll be able to give us at least some scenes in front of 221B. Can't they just close off a larger part of North Gower Street? Traffic can't go through the street during filming anyway, why not close it off to the fans as well? I'm sure a lot of fans would be disappointed, but seriously, I'd rather have some nice scenes in front of 221B than see tons of blurry pics from setlock.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 25, 2014 3:21 pm  #131

Look at this!
https://twitter.com/suevertue/status/537253723022852096?s=09

Last edited by gently69 (November 25, 2014 3:21 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 25, 2014 3:27 pm  #132

I'm scared now. What's happening?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 25, 2014 4:53 pm  #133

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2014 5:03 pm  #134

I knew that we would get punked...

Or Sherlock and John go undercover at a fancy dress party?

Or they accidentally ingest some sort of drug and they have this wild vivid hallucination that they've gone back in time?

Or everything is normal, John and Sherlock just wanted a new look that makes them appear to live in the same century as Mycroft?

Mary

November 25, 2014 5:04 pm  #135

PANTO!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2014 5:13 pm  #136

The strange thing is that I like Martin's moustache much better than the TEH one. They look quite good in this gear. 

November 25, 2014 5:15 pm  #137

I am ridiculously excited...
Police Xmas party?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2014 5:20 pm  #138

Amanda calling it a Christmas special while Mark and Steven never confirmed this … bit confusing at the moment. 

November 25, 2014 5:26 pm  #139

SusiGo wrote:

The strange thing is that I like Martin's moustache much better than the TEH one.

Me too! It looks so much more natural for one thing. He looks really sexy and at home in that getup. I totally see John Watson and it's making me forget about his plaid button ups and jeans.

Not feeling as enamoured with Benedict's look, doesn't feel as 'period' to me as Martin's, just like something he'd wear to an award show. And I don't see Sherlock at all. I've said it before, that Benedict and Sherlock look and sound completely different to me and if that's not the case in the special, it'll be hard to really believe I'm seeing Sherlock. And I should add that that the biggest reason I don't see Sherlock is that I think Benedict looks really hot in this outfit and I'm fairly convinced I've never said that about Sherlock.

Mary

November 25, 2014 5:34 pm  #140

Maybe they are going to use the time machine from the Blackadder Christmas Special!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

Board footera