BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2014 12:49 pm  #41

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Sounds like they are really adapting "The Valley of Fear" then. The organisation of mainly Irish freemasons that terrorised a small town by arsons, murders and beatings of people who opposed them was featured in that story...  

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 11, 2014 2:23 pm  #42

Right. So I guess I'll go and read "The Valley of Fear" then quite soon.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 11, 2014 2:24 pm  #43

*runs through the forum in her knickers singing the Hallelujah Chorus*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 11, 2014 5:11 pm  #44

All sounding good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 16, 2014 12:22 pm  #45

Hah, if that's Valley then I predicted something right. I'm really curious what they will do with Mary. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they killed her at the end of this episode. Otherwise it's gonna be the last one. 

November 17, 2014 11:50 pm  #46

I still like the idea of Mary being the MacMurdo character in Valley.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 18, 2014 8:42 am  #47

Well, folks, tonight I had a dream with the trailer to the special.
So what are we going to see?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

- Mary in her red coat, a lot, like on a lonely road, staring in window panes and also at:
- another wedding (Kate and William), what the heck????
- we will see that everybody wonders where Mary left the baby this afternoon - probably just with the grandparents, right???

I mean, this time I could remember more than last time when I dreamt the complete S3 last year (twice, but it didn't help  )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 18, 2014 9:54 am  #48

What an interesting (prophetic) trailer!

- I guess that the people from Mary´s past will be after her this time
- the terrorists that wanted to blow up the parliament in S3 will have the plan to ruin Kate´s and William´s wedding in S4 or so it seems
- and maybe the Watson´s baby will be kidnapped too?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 18, 2014 10:32 am  #49

nakahara wrote:

- and maybe the Watson´s baby will be kidnapped too?

That's blatantly going to happen at some point if they keep the baby in the show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 18, 2014 4:21 pm  #50

You dreamed a trailer? That's so cool! How freaky would it be if the real trailer would turn out to be the same? 

Knowing Moftiss, we're probably wrong about the imaginary trailer; the wedding is a flashback to the Mary and John wedding, but now they're gonna explain that nothing was what it seemed. 

November 18, 2014 7:23 pm  #51

November 18, 2014 8:04 pm  #52

I don't mind if it's not a Christmas special. In fact, I might change the title of this forum to join in with the ambiguity.

November 18, 2014 8:14 pm  #53

I'd prefer if it wasn't a Xmas special.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 18, 2014 8:19 pm  #54

Dreaming things ahead of time is fun - I was lucky enough to dream all S3 twice in 2013 but couldn't remember much 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 18, 2014 8:19 pm  #55

I'd love to see an Easter speacial - the sooner the better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 18, 2014 8:29 pm  #56

I vote for a Valentine's Day special.   
(to no one's great surprise)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 18, 2014 8:34 pm  #57

No!
But they won't be completed in time, anyway.

November 18, 2014 8:37 pm  #58

tonnaree wrote:

I vote for a Valentine's Day special.   
(to no one's great surprise)

Yes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 18, 2014 8:39 pm  #59

They may not even finish filming until the END of February.

November 18, 2014 8:41 pm  #60

That will not stop me from WANTING it.

Board footera