BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 12, 2014 1:51 pm  #221

Re: The deleted scene (special edition)

Liberty wrote:

Surely Sherlock's parents would have visited (and Mrs Holmes says how she feel about it later!).   

Someone needs to write a scene of Mummy at hospital with Sherlock. Can you imagine what she'd be like?! Extra motivation for Sherlock to be good and rest and get out of there fast!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 12, 2014 2:08 pm  #222

I want a nice scene with John!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 12, 2014 5:11 pm  #223

Well he's out of hospital now!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2014 7:17 pm  #224

I still like the idea that the Mark and Andrew scene in front of St Barts was in fact real, a clever double bluff, and that Moriarty visits Sherlock in hospital and nicks his coat. 

November 19, 2014 7:45 pm  #225

Although we do know it was fake...I would have liked it to be real;...but then, it wouldn't have made much sense. Though I suppose it could have been a double bluff with Moriarty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2014 8:21 pm  #226

You know, until the smoking scene in HLV where it was confirmed that Mycroft does care deeply about Sherlock and isn't just nosy or keeping an eye on him because he promised his parents he would, it wouldn't have taken much to convince me that Mycroft would eventually be outed as a villain and that the 'fake' scene with Moriarity would eventually be used as a flashback...

Mary

November 19, 2014 8:29 pm  #227

The way they talk on the commentary hints that it was the punch talking!

November 19, 2014 9:36 pm  #228

besleybean wrote:

The way they talk on the commentary hints that it was the punch talking!

Yes, Mycroft even concedes that there might have been something in the punch. It helped dropped his mask and his real self came through, which is why I (and Sherlock) really believe it. Until that moment where we see Mycroft absolutely naked (metaphorically speaking of course, no need for brain bleach, Tonnaree), I didn't trust him to truly have Sherlock's best intentions at heart.

Mary

November 19, 2014 9:48 pm  #229

Oh I think he does, just doesn't like to admit it!

November 21, 2014 7:38 pm  #230

Loving one's brother does not necessarily make one a good guy. Maybe the jury's still out on Mycroft. I'd like him to be good, though. So far I haven't seen much evidence to the contrary. Creepy, but good. 

November 21, 2014 9:29 pm  #231

He's just the establishment, but he loves his brother.

May 10, 2016 11:05 am  #232

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 10, 2016 4:54 pm  #233

Very interesting!  Thanks!  Mycroft's "unwise" comment makes more sense.  It does seem to mean that Sherlock is blackmailing Mycroft - rather odd in an episode about a blackmailer.  Or perhaps that's the point? Or perhaps it's why it was deleted? 

May 10, 2016 5:44 pm  #234

Too sad there isn't an extra of that "gay club scene" in SoT. Although there should be many.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 10, 2016 5:54 pm  #235

This CAM scene is my favourite ever outtake.

Board footera