BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 12, 2012 6:26 am  #1

The pool

The swimming pool used for this scene is in Bedminster, Bristol. I really like it, reminds me of the pool I learnt to swim in with the changing rooms around the edge. Nice colours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 12, 2012 8:03 am  #2

Re: The pool

Yeah, it reminds me of an old pool from my school days...can't remember exactly which though. Why couldn't they find a pool in London to film at I wonder?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 12, 2012 5:16 pm  #3

Lots of filming is near where they are based in Cardiff. Obviously the London scenes had to be filmed in London but the rest would be nearer the production headquarters.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 12, 2012 9:07 pm  #4

Wow, I never knew they were based in Cardiff...that's closer to where I live than London - better chance for me to stalk them...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 12, 2012 9:16 pm  #5

In the nicest, non-stalkerish way of course! LOL

May 20, 2012 4:46 am  #6

I've heard that Mark Gatiss knew abt this pool...he swam there as a boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 7, 2014 10:33 pm  #7

Love the pool scene. It's one of my favourite scenes in Sherlock.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera