BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 7, 2014 1:39 pm  #41

Re: Sherlock: Chronicles - new guidebook coming soon

It would seem so, Bronte. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but a lot of stuff has already been posted on tumblr. And everything I have seen so far looks really interesting.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 7, 2014 3:46 pm  #42

SolarSystem wrote:

It would seem so, Bronte. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but a lot of stuff has already been posted on tumblr. And everything I have seen so far looks really interesting.

It looks like the perfect book for every Sherlockian!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

November 7, 2014 8:05 pm  #43

Only just flicked through my copy...it is fantastic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 8, 2014 6:09 pm  #44

Stop teasing me everyone! I have to wait for my copy.

November 8, 2014 6:12 pm  #45

It's worth the wait!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 8, 2014 6:21 pm  #46

There's a review at Sherlockology. 
"Here's the basic, cut to the chase first line of this review - if you're a Sherlock fan, you'll want a copy of BBC Books' Sherlock Chronicles.  It's that simple.  But if you needed any further convincing, we'll give you a more detailed opinion".

I agree.  There's lots of detail in it, lots of stuff that I hadn't seen before. I hope yours arrives soon, Bronte and Solar!  You won't be disappointed!

Last edited by Liberty (November 8, 2014 6:22 pm)

November 8, 2014 7:12 pm  #47

Bought mine a fiew minutes ago via booklooker. Amazon.de is sold out for 4 or 8 weeks.... (thats what they write at their page)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

November 8, 2014 8:33 pm  #48

Liberty wrote:

There's a review at Sherlockology. 
"Here's the basic, cut to the chase first line of this review - if you're a Sherlock fan, you'll want a copy of BBC Books' Sherlock Chronicles.  It's that simple.  But if you needed any further convincing, we'll give you a more detailed opinion".

I agree.  There's lots of detail in it, lots of stuff that I hadn't seen before. I hope yours arrives soon, Bronte and Solar!  You won't be disappointed!

I have to wait and see if Father Christmas brings me it, Liberty.  Hope there's lots of pics of BC and the cast. Are the interviews good? 

November 8, 2014 8:34 pm  #49

besleybean wrote:

It's worth the wait!

Good. 

November 8, 2014 9:02 pm  #50

Bronte89 wrote:

I have to wait and see if Father Christmas brings me it, Liberty. Hope there's lots of pics of BC and the cast. Are the interviews good?

Oh, I see!  Well, there's no hurry and I think it would be wonderful to get it on Christmas day.  If it's pics you're after, then you'll be delighted - there are loads that I hadn't seen before.  The interviews are very interesting, mainly about the making of it - music, filming locations, costume, sets, etc.  There are snippets of screenplays, deleted scenes, comparisms between the original stories and the BBC version, and loads of interesting little details (for instance that in the script, Moriarty was originally in Prada rather than Westwood at the end of TGG).  Fingers crossed that Father Christmas is generous this year - you'll love it!

November 8, 2014 10:31 pm  #51

I think that Father Christmas (aka Visa by my bank) will grant me this gift  Thank you Father Christmas^^

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 9, 2014 11:54 am  #52

I've seen quite a few of the pictures that people have posted up on Tumblr, but I'm sure there's loads more in the book that I haven't seen yet. I'm really quite excited about it as what I've seen so far looks fantastic. I saw some e-mails from Mark and Steven and Sue back when they first auditioned Benedict and then cast him as Sherlock...and some photocopied scripts with deleted lines in that didn't make the final cut - some that are really funny!

I don't have a copy of the book yet and I don't have one on order either, but I was thinking of asking my parents to get it for me for Christmas. They were asking me a while ago what I wanted and I was umming and aahing because I really couldn't think of anything. But this is perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 9, 2014 12:39 pm  #53

Ideal. Go for it!

Last edited by besleybean (November 9, 2014 12:39 pm)

November 9, 2014 2:16 pm  #54

I hope there is going to be a Kindle version of this one, like there was for the Casebook. That's the easiest way I was able to get the Casebook. Now that I'm in a backwater area in a developing country for at least six months, an electronic edition is my only hope to get Chronicles in a timely fashion.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 9, 2014 3:20 pm  #55

I have a friend who lives in London and I"m going to buy the book on Amazon.UK and have it sent to her.  She lives on an army base with her military contractor husband and can ship it to me from the base for almost free.

I shall have this book!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 9, 2014 5:05 pm  #56

Liberty wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

I have to wait and see if Father Christmas brings me it, Liberty. Hope there's lots of pics of BC and the cast. Are the interviews good?

Oh, I see!  Well, there's no hurry and I think it would be wonderful to get it on Christmas day.  If it's pics you're after, then you'll be delighted - there are loads that I hadn't seen before.  The interviews are very interesting, mainly about the making of it - music, filming locations, costume, sets, etc.  There are snippets of screenplays, deleted scenes, comparisms between the original stories and the BBC version, and loads of interesting little details (for instance that in the script, Moriarty was originally in Prada rather than Westwood at the end of TGG).  Fingers crossed that Father Christmas is generous this year - you'll love it!

Thank you for your great review, Liberty! I want the book even more now! I'll let you know if Father Christmas sends it to me.

November 9, 2014 5:07 pm  #57

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I've seen quite a few of the pictures that people have posted up on Tumblr, but I'm sure there's loads more in the book that I haven't seen yet. I'm really quite excited about it as what I've seen so far looks fantastic. I saw some e-mails from Mark and Steven and Sue back when they first auditioned Benedict and then cast him as Sherlock...and some photocopied scripts with deleted lines in that didn't make the final cut - some that are really funny!

I don't have a copy of the book yet and I don't have one on order either, but I was thinking of asking my parents to get it for me for Christmas. They were asking me a while ago what I wanted and I was umming and aahing because I really couldn't think of anything. But this is perfect.

That's what I've done. 

November 10, 2014 3:10 am  #58

tonnaree wrote:

I have a friend who lives in London and I"m going to buy the book on Amazon.UK and have it sent to her.  She lives on an army base with her military contractor husband and can ship it to me from the base for almost free.

I shall have this book!

I did it!  Ordered it sent to my friend in London.  Waiting for it to get to Atlanta from London is going to be painful!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 10, 2014 7:00 am  #59

Savour it when it arrives!

November 10, 2014 12:59 pm  #60

besleybean wrote:

Savour it when it arrives!

I'll sleep with it under my pillow.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera