BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2014 5:34 am  #81

Re: So it's true.....

So true,  so tough to be patient,  and hang on to the belief that it will be worth the wait.    I still believe it
will be worth the wait.   We may go dormant for a while,  but I look forward to being gobsmacked again. 

Although yes it is a tad bit frustrating isn't it that we have so little (relatively) to hang onto whereas a sub-standard
version of Sherlock (Elementary) is already broadcasting its, what, 50th episode?   But showbiz isn't fair is it.
I just try to remember that  those 50 episodes have generated only a fraction of discussion that the BBC Sherlock
phenomenon has.

November 4, 2014 6:47 am  #82

They're just different beasts.
I'm not here to slag Elementary.
But the truth is, it never would have happened without BBC Sherlock.
This is the gold standard for all other TV drama, as far as I'm concerned...
And it can only appear when the writers have time to write it and the actors have time to film it.
Plus, as the team are always at pains to say, they are in effect making 3 mini  movies each time.
Then if the system was any different, perhaps Martin or Benedict would not want to keep with it.

Last edited by besleybean (November 4, 2014 6:47 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2014 10:17 am  #83

Gold standard is quite correct. Best thing on British television in years.

And yes, if they made more episodes then Benedict and Martin wouldn't be able to commit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 12, 2014 8:45 pm  #84

It has been said to expect tragedy in the new series of Sherlock.

Could be dangerous.

December 13, 2014 11:11 am  #85

Yes it has.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 13, 2014 11:14 am  #86

My first thought was that the tragedy would be the death of Mary and/or the baby.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 13, 2014 11:49 am  #87

I think we all did...not so sure now.

December 13, 2014 2:14 pm  #88

Vhanja wrote:

My first thought was that the tragedy would be the death of Mary and/or the baby.

As long as AA wants to remain a part of the Sherlock "family", I don't think Mary and the baby are going anywhere. Now how the writers are going to handle that, I have no idea, but I am relatively sure they'll use the threesome of Sherlock, John and Mary (foursome, really, with the baby now too) to torture the fans to no end, especially the legion of johnlockers all around the world.

December 13, 2014 5:52 pm  #89

ancientsgate wrote:

As long as AA wants to remain a part of the Sherlock "family", I don't think Mary and the baby are going anywhere. Now how the writers are going to handle that, I have no idea, but I am relatively sure they'll use the threesome of Sherlock, John and Mary (foursome, really, with the baby now too) to torture the fans to no end, especially the legion of johnlockers all around the world.

Don't ruin all my hopes. 

I really can't see Dr Watson with a baby. That would ruin the entire show. Sherlock is not about father-family-bliss. Ew!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 13, 2014 6:08 pm  #90

Vhanja wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Don't ruin all my hopes.  I really can't see Dr Watson with a baby. That would ruin the entire show. Sherlock is not about father-family-bliss. Ew!

Maybe not. And no one mentioned bliss, after all; in fact, I would expect quite the opposite of bliss! The writers have painted themselves into a literary corner by introducing a baby into the situation. If it had just been Mary, they could have shipped her off to prison in America or had her fall down a sewer hole in London, never to be seen again. But the baby!  Now what are they going to do about him or her?  Even if they ship Mary off somewhere with her baby in tow, where does that leave John and any potential relationship he'd like to have with his kid?  It's a mess, I tell ya, a mess!  lol   But I won't be looking for any bliss of any kind, for sure. Only more relationship f-ups.

December 13, 2014 6:10 pm  #91

"Best" way to solve it is to kill of Mary while she is still pregnant. 

Team Hudders!

December 13, 2014 6:13 pm  #92

Vhanja wrote:

"Best" way to solve it is to kill of Mary while she is still pregnant. 

Nope. Won't happen. The baby--  it's the baby that's the issue. Even those who like Mary okay wouldn't care if she got blown to kingdom come, but the innocent baby (not to mention John's own flesh and blood), no one wants to see it dead or put in any kind of jeopardy in any way. Most Sherlock fans are women, women in general are goo-goo-ga-ga about babies, and I don't think the male writers will want to risk offending them. Just my opinion, of course, since no one knows where this is going. Or not going.

December 13, 2014 6:15 pm  #93

I am female and I am not goo-goo about babies. 

Team Hudders!

December 13, 2014 6:16 pm  #94

I love babies...but it will just be interesting to see what they do.

December 13, 2014 6:22 pm  #95

Vhanja wrote:

I am female and I am not goo-goo about babies. 

Me, either. I prefer puppies or kittens, lol. But anyway, I said "women in general"---  there are exceptions to every rule, and "women love babies" isn't even a rule.

See, those stoopid writers could have had Mary adopt a puppy....  they didn't have to make her pregnant. That way, she could have gotten shipped off to Leavenworth in America and left the puppy with Sherlock and John. Now THAT I could get into!

December 13, 2014 6:26 pm  #96

ancientsgate wrote:

See, those stoopid writers could have had Mary adopt a puppy....  they didn't have to make her pregnant. That way, she could have gotten shipped off to Leavenworth in America and left the puppy with Sherlock and John. Now THAT I could get into!

Oh, indeed! That would be an awesome story! 

Team Hudders!

December 13, 2014 6:40 pm  #97

Love it.

December 13, 2014 6:40 pm  #98

Bear in mind that what happened with Amy's baby in Doctor Who (where Moffat is the showrunner) was pretty dark.  And that's a children's TV programme!  I'm not sure how far they'd be prepared to go in Sherlock, but if Who is an example, then it's quite far. 

December 13, 2014 6:43 pm  #99

I'm still seeing somebody taking a bullet for somebody else...

December 13, 2014 10:34 pm  #100

The fate of Mary's baby worries me a lot... I am so torn between what I'd like to see and what I hope for...

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 13, 2014 10:35 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera