BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2012 12:00 am  #41

Re: Does anybody have a coat like Sherlock's?

I have a double-button black pea coat with a similarly shaped collar, and I never wear it bare-necked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

January 16, 2013 9:57 pm  #42

Crappy pics, but here's mine. The belt in the back is a little too low, but apart from that it's nice.

January 16, 2013 10:07 pm  #43

That is beautiful, it really suits you too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 16, 2013 10:23 pm  #44

And here are my coats... I can't decide whether it's cute my wool coat now has a partner or feel disturbed that my coat's new partner seems to be massively into black leather...

And I would show you a photo of me wearing it but... well... my self photography skills leave a lot to be desired...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 16, 2013 10:31 pm  #45

And here's a photo of my daughter with the coat and my 221 B ring, I don't know how to embed it so please follow the link and click on various places on the photo :

https://pictures.lytro.com/biscuitbear/pictures/522660

Last edited by biscuitbear (January 16, 2013 10:33 pm)

January 17, 2013 10:52 am  #46

Lovely Photo biscuitbear I wish there was someone else in my household that I could share my enthusiasm with. Although some might argue that one enthusiast per household is quite enough for their tastes

January 21, 2013 1:27 am  #47

Absolutely with you it agree. It seems to me it is very good idea. Completely with you I will agree.

February 8, 2013 11:18 pm  #48

Your coat looks really awesome besleybean!!

May I ask where you got it from?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 13, 2013 6:32 pm  #49

the coat looks really cute :3 i only have a scarf like sherlock has and i´m feeling so sexy when i´m wearing it ;)

February 15, 2013 12:57 am  #50

Mnemosyne wrote:

Lovely Photo biscuitbear I wish there was someone else in my household that I could share my enthusiasm with. Although some might argue that one enthusiast per household is quite enough for their tastes

I don't think my family can stand me alone....much less one of my siblings.  It's always fun being the geek.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

February 1, 2014 11:36 am  #51

Love the pictures posted here! The coat looks amazing!
Hopefully making Sherlock's coat sometime, as soon as I can find reference pictures   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is simplicity itself"
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

February 7, 2014 9:42 am  #52

I do!

I entered a small raffle in 2012 for a handmade one made from german military fabric. The owner had made it and realised it would not fit them properly or were not happy with it? I couldn't believe I had won the raffle! But I had and it arrived shortly before I went to the hospital for surgery.

It's perfectly lovely, especially in winter and when I run it billows and flies beautifully in the wind. It had to be altered to fit my shorter frame and narrower shoulders and I added new buttons as the ones on the coat were silver and I found ones resembelling the one in the show. The lapels don't sit how I wish they would and the collar only stands up if I'm wearing a scarf but its wonderful!

I think I only have pictures of my brother wearing it though, before it was altered. *not one for taking photos of self*

February 7, 2014 10:00 am  #53

As soon as I get some money I am so getting one!

I have always wanted a trench coat, and well my faux fur coat is getting a bit hairy. And this would look way better with my dark blue scarf!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 5, 2014 10:18 pm  #54

http://youtu.be/_ICmzviuYIg
Thought I'd leave this here for all you Sherlock coat lovers ^_^ Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it must be like in your funny little brains, it must be so boring!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 6, 2014 7:02 am  #55

Oh, that's very nice indeed!

October 6, 2014 10:29 am  #56

SH182 wrote:

http://youtu.be/_ICmzviuYIg
Thought I'd leave this here for all you Sherlock coat lovers ^_^ Enjoy.

Wow, you even have the PSoS and the right hair-- are you an actor or something?  Very impressive likeness.

October 26, 2014 4:23 am  #57

I just saw one, in Hot Topic.  It was hanging very high, on the wall, but it looked cool.  Even had the red thread!

October 26, 2014 12:22 pm  #58

Gorgeous coats, and great pics, Sherlock Holmes, biscuitbear and SH182 (and wow, you really look like Sherlock!) !

Last edited by ArwendeLuhtiene (October 26, 2014 12:24 pm)

October 26, 2014 12:34 pm  #59

I have the CosplaySky replica, and I couldn't be happier about it, it's really accurate and very comfy as an actual Winter coat (and of course, being a crazy Sherlockian, it IS my main Winter coat xD)

Close up:

And from the back:

October 26, 2014 12:56 pm  #60

Oh niiiiiice, i like!!! 

Board footera