BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2014 11:20 am  #2841

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

*plays organ music*
*throws rice*
*sobs into hem of dress*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 24, 2014 1:26 pm  #2842

mrshouse wrote:

Are you all aware that Mrs. Turner next door is a little hint that our boys will get married? Makes perfect sense
http://wimpytentacle.co.vu/post/79335829844/ok-so-in-acd-canon-doyle-fucked-up-and

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 24, 2014 6:00 pm  #2843

mrshouse wrote:

Are you all aware that Mrs. Turner next door is a little hint that our boys will get married? Makes perfect sense
http://wimpytentacle.co.vu/post/79335829844/ok-so-in-acd-canon-doyle-fucked-up-and

Perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 25, 2014 8:31 pm  #2844

This: 

http://anigrrrl2.tumblr.com/post/100882051711/im-sort-of-accidentally-watching-tgg-and

And there was another one on tumblr about why Sherlock takes the completely trivial case in Minsk immediately after TBB - because he was jealous. 

Let us take a closer look: Two guys living together. Guy One gets himself a girlfriend. Guy Two bombs the date but the relationship somehow survives his atttempts at sabotage and a kidnapping by a mad Chinese Circus director so Guy Two leaves for Belarus. After Guy Two's return he aggressively shoots the wall and starts a quarrel with Guy One who then walks out the flat to sleep chastely on his girlfriend's sofa while Guy Two runs to the window to watch him walking away. The next morning Guy One learns from the news that his flat has been bombed and head over heels runs back to Guy One. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2014 8:57 pm  #2845

Right.  Who The F*** does something like this??? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 25, 2014 9:01 pm  #2846

A present for Johnlockers, i present you a new one:  https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/526105925627572224 

October 25, 2014 9:02 pm  #2847

Thanks for sharing. Even the BBC is on board the ship. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2014 9:07 pm  #2848

But isn't the BBC the dockyard? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 25, 2014 9:08 pm  #2849

Well, yes, but this is BBC3 provoking the harbour master. 

October 27, 2014 5:06 pm  #2850

Now this is not even subtle anymore, Sherlockology. They show John's face parallel to "everyone he loves" and "everything he holds dear."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LI7T69cA3Kg

October 27, 2014 5:39 pm  #2851

SusiGo wrote:

Now this is not even subtle anymore, Sherlockology. They show John's face parallel to "everyone he loves" and "everything he holds dear."

And "Oh Sherlock, what have you done (-for me)!" by John 

October 27, 2014 5:53 pm  #2852

SusiGo wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LI7T69cA3Kg

They're just playing with our hearts now. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 27, 2014 6:00 pm  #2853

Harriet wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

And "Oh Sherlock, what have you done (-for me)!" by John 

But, Harriet, this is said by Mycroft, isn't it?
And furthermore what strikes me is that the Mary story arc is hardly visualized, although that's almost more important than CAM on the whole and overall narrating arc.

Last edited by mrshouse (October 27, 2014 6:02 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 27, 2014 6:22 pm  #2854

Mary does not play an important part in any of the videos. She is hardly more than a by-stander which is really interesting because Sherlockology usually do not voice opinions and even their reviews are neutral with regard to ships. The bigger the surprise about these "trailers". 

October 27, 2014 6:53 pm  #2855

Mary does not play an important part in our hearts either, right?

I love those trailers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 27, 2014 6:53 pm  #2856

mrshouse wrote:

But, Harriet, this is said by Mycroft, isn't it?
And furthermore what strikes me is that the Mary story arc is hardly visualized, although that's almost more important than CAM on the whole and overall narrating arc.

Yes, but it's interesting that you see JOHN's face with these words.

Mary: Yes, that stroke me as well. She's almost invisible here.

October 27, 2014 6:55 pm  #2857

We see John's face at all the important points. So it does not really matter if something is said by Magnussen or Mycroft as long as it refers to Sherlock (which it does every time) and shows the words in connection with John's face. And I think we all agree that he killed Magnussen for John and not for Mary. 

October 27, 2014 7:00 pm  #2858

For John or for ... who?

October 28, 2014 10:11 am  #2859

Well, I guess it's a show about a detective and his blogger after all. 
Sherlock's "I'd be lost without my blogger" is true an so many levels... and his blogger would be lost (and was lost) without him, too.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 28, 2014 12:00 pm  #2860

If by "blogger" you mean "one true love."  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera