BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2014 3:02 pm  #1

interesting fan vid parody about the Sherlock writing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4urJp-bUM

I think that was meant as a mix of humor and sarcasm, but (for me) much of it is so darned true, it actually hurts. Whoever the Italian gal is who did the singing and vidding here is very talented.

October 23, 2014 3:10 pm  #2

Re: interesting fan vid parody about the Sherlock writing

I imagine Steven watching this and rubbing his hands with a demonic grin on his face. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 23, 2014 3:15 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2014 3:33 pm  #3

SusiGo wrote:

I imagine Steven watching this and rubbing his hands with a demonic grin on his face. 

I know, right?  Lots of authors love it, eat it up, when they hear they've made their readers laugh or cry.

October 23, 2014 4:58 pm  #4

I like it. It's good fun, and true enogh. The refrain is really nice to sing along, although I hope not everybody will be killed

"It is what it is."

October 23, 2014 5:11 pm  #5

It's really good!  I had noticed how Steven Moffat is very good at deliberate, manipulative tear jerking (and that's meant to be a compliment to him!), but hadn't notice quite so may characters die, but then don't really.    I think the singer/writer is probably right that it's going to happen again in S4, and yes, it could well be John.  I don't think for a minute that he'll be killed off, but I could see a situation where we think he's going to die, or even think that he's dead for a short while. 

October 23, 2014 5:18 pm  #6

Liberty wrote:

It's really good!  I had noticed how Steven Moffat is very good at deliberate, manipulative tear jerking (and that's meant to be a compliment to him!), but hadn't notice quite so may characters die, but then don't really.    I think the singer/writer is probably right that it's going to happen again in S4, and yes, it could well be John.  I don't think for a minute that he'll be killed off, but I could see a situation where we think he's going to die, or even think that he's dead for a short while. 

Moffat writes for other TV shows, and if you listen closely to the parody, she sings about some of his other characters, not just Sherlock ones. At least I think so. I guess this is something he does--  killing off characters. One of the major points she makes is, we don't have any idea in the world where he and the other writers will take our beloved characters next. We need to get ready, lol.

Killing off a character and then bringing them back from the I-wasn't-really-dead is so overused--  nothing original there. Many of us are old enough to remember the original "Dallas" TV series in the 80s and how the writers killed off Bobby but then brought him back, passing off his whole dead thing as his wife's bad dream. *rolls eyes*  And all because his actor, Patrick Duffy, wanted to come back to the show. Fans have always been deliberately dragged through their emotions.

October 23, 2014 5:54 pm  #7

Yes, that's partly what I mean about it being manipulative!  (And yes, I got the Doctor Who references!).  I know Steven didn't invent it (I remember Dallas too - and it has often being parodied.  It was just SO ridiculous), but it he has done it a lot. 

Of course, it could be the baby this time, not John - something similar happened in Doctor Who.

Last edited by Liberty (October 23, 2014 5:54 pm)

October 23, 2014 7:19 pm  #8

LOL - what a cruel piece, enjoyed it so much! 

"'Mary's a good girl, you just can't make her bad!'"

"The next one could be John!"

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 24, 2014 12:37 am  #9

Who are the Ponds that the song refers to?  It's in the same sentence/paragraph as Sherlock characters, but I don't remember any Ponds. Anyone?

October 24, 2014 6:18 am  #10

Amy and Rory from Doctor Who, I presume.  (I think Amy kept her maiden name - not sure if Rory took it, but I think most of us think of them as the Ponds!). 

Last edited by Liberty (October 24, 2014 6:23 am)

October 24, 2014 8:41 am  #11

Liberty wrote:

Amy and Rory from Doctor Who, I presume.  (I think Amy kept her maiden name - not sure if Rory took it, but I think most of us think of them as the Ponds!). 

Ah. Thx. I don't know much about Dr. Who. Wish I did.

Board footera