BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2014 6:35 pm  #421

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Yes, I did mean the live broadcast versus the recorded version.  They should be just the same, and they're certainly going to look much the same, but it feels different to me.  As if you're almost there, but at a distance.  So I think I would like to have that experience when it's the only chance I'll get (i.e. the one time it's broadcast live).   I don't think anybody else would be missing out if they waited.  It's just personal

August 29, 2014 6:49 pm  #422

I see. Then I hope you will be able to catch that broadcast. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2014 8:37 pm  #423

The NT Live and the subsequent Encore screenings are exactly the same. There are no alterations made.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2014 8:38 pm  #424

Thank you for confirming. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2014 2:23 am  #425

I’m a Yank who is relatively new to Shakespeare. I agree that the dialogue is not always easy to understand (then again I do think that his plays are meant to be performed rather than read) but it doesn’t stop me from enjoying the plots. I do remember that I couldn’t stand having to read Romeo and Juliet when I was in High School. However, as an adult, I have gotten see some of the Bard’s other work and have since developed an interest.

Hamlet isn’t my favorite Shakespeare play (for me that would be Macbeth) but I do enjoy it nevertheless. The versions that I have watched are the 1948 Laurence Olivier film and a TV version with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart, which originally came from a Royal Shakespeare Company production. Both of them are excellent. I still have yet to see the Kenneth Branagh film or the one with Mel Gibson.

I will certainly try to catch the live recording/broadcast Benedict Cumberbatch’s Hamlet if I can. What will be interesting is the approach that they take with it. Whether it will have a historical setting or a modern one.

October 23, 2014 5:45 am  #426

My money's on the latter!

Last edited by besleybean (October 23, 2014 5:45 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 14, 2014 10:51 am  #427

Oh my, this just made me laugh out loud like a complete idiot...

(http://angry-comics.tumblr.com/post/7023921852)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 14, 2014 10:58 am  #428

Perfect!!!

That just made my Sunday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2014 11:04 am  #429

Brilliant!

December 14, 2014 11:10 am  #430

Love it! 

December 14, 2014 11:15 am  #431

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 14, 2014 11:16 am  #432

This one made me laugh a few weeks too...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2014 11:20 am  #433

Lovely, isn't it? I knew you'd all like it.

Phantom, not bad, either.

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 14, 2014 11:21 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 14, 2014 11:39 am  #434

Fab.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 14, 2014 2:30 pm  #435

Hee hee hee!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 14, 2014 7:34 pm  #436

This is really fun. Another one - spoiler warning:

source: savagechickens.com

December 14, 2014 7:38 pm  #437

Fabulous.

December 14, 2014 7:41 pm  #438

This is humor just up my street!

Gah, this reminds me I still haven't been able to find the major paper I wrote on Hamlet - An indepth look into death and insanity. 

The book was full of book marks I remember... I had to refference each time someone died or said something insane...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2014 9:42 pm  #439

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

This one made me laugh a few weeks too...

Great! I laughed so hard when I saw it

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

February 20, 2015 12:22 pm  #440

National Theatre Live announced this on twitter this morning:

@ntlive
NEWSFLASH: We'll broadcast Benedict Cumberbatch in #hamletbarbican on 15 Oct. On sale 16 Mar! http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/ntlout10-hamlet …

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

Board footera